View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 07:16 AM

Default Re: ARE THEY WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE? And that is...?

Your anomosity towards Catholics just proves my point about how deeply seeded this issue is. I'm not defending what the church did back in the early 1300's or the late 1700's to your ilk.
I will say, though, that the KC's were started by a very common man who was not what you would consider being in on the inside. In fact, had he known about Columbus what we know now, the name of the organization would have been different. I'm not going to pretend that the KC's are more than they are. If you want a truly powerful Catholic fraternity - go after the Military Order of the Knights of Malta. They have their own website. Just look how much rigamorole one has to go through to become one. If you're not already on the inside, there's no chance.
As for a secret handshake or anything secret would do in public to identify ourselves, there is none. I know the guys we've elected as part of our State Supreme Council. These guys are very modest. Some are retired farmers.
I would be a little careful about throwing so much meaning behind our symbolism because that would open the door on your side as well. Gotta go, but this is starting to be a fun discussion.