View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: ARE THEY WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE? And that is...?

Here's a quote from <a href="http://www.geocities.com/integral_tradition/medit.html">MEDITERRANEAN TRADITION AGAINST CHRISTIAN TRADITION</a>
Julius Evola (Translation from Imperialismo pagano, Atanor, Todi-Roma 1928)

I have to say I agree that one of the biggest crimes ever committed in the name of Christ was the total annihilation and destruction of pre-Christian wisdom of the "primitive, savage, barbarian" peoples of pagan Europe.

"Anti-Europe means Anti-Christianity. And anti-Christianity consists in the Mediterranean classical, and pagan tradition that is our own. This must be perfectly clear.

Without a return to such a tradition, no liberation will be possible, no true restoration, no transfer of spirit, power, and empire into the realm of values. But let not our "anti" give rise to misunderstandings. They, not we, are forces of negation. They are the ones who sapped Rome, contaminated Wisdom, and destroyed aristocracy in the name of a reign of sentimentalism and humanitarianism ruled by "enemies of the world". And they did so in order to exalt a superstition according to which God is an executed man and enslaver of other men whom he condemns to damnation unless "grace" intervenes on their behalf. No more foolish or absurd fable has ever been devised than that which treats paganism as a synonym for materiliaty and corruption, while Christianity is, instead, associated with purity and spirituality. Yet this superstition still manages to inform so much contemporary thinking!"