View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Mircea Eliade

Quote:
Quran: Had GOD willed, He could have made you one congregation.
But He didn't, did He, Ahmad?

Every people got their Revelation in the form of the religion they adhere to. God is the source of all the manifested world religions, i.e. Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. If God would've wanted everyone to have the same religion He would've only given us ONE RELIGION, like the Quran says.

If people of different religions realized that following the religion they were specifically given by God, they are ACTUALLY IN SPIRITUAL UNITY with the multiplicity of other God-given religions. Then there would be NO NEED for ONE religion, because everyone would realize their UNITY WITH GOD, and conversely with eachother.

A quote from a <a href="http://www.geocities.com/integral_tradition/schuongue.html">lecture by Martin Lings on Schuon</a>:

"He once said to me: "If there was a religion which I did not love, I would not rest until I loved it." For him the religions were among the great signs of God, each one to be marveled at, and he demanded this attitude from his disciples insofar as they were capable of it."(My emphasis./Draken)

This "one religion for all" dogma you're preaching is defective, Ahmad.