View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 07:37 AM

Default Re: ARE THEY WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE? And that is...?

Thanks...I think...
One thing I forgot to mention. Most KC Councils rent the spaces for their meetings. This wasn't always the case. Many councils had money donated by the members for down payments to get their own building. Over the years, as membership declined, those councils also lost those gifts. Ours is one such council. We used to own our own hall, which stood side by side with a masonic lodge. We used to do some joint activities - like a potluck supper - every once in a great while. They've moved on to a gigantic masonic center that has a bunch of different lodges participating in it. It's very nice and modern.
We rent a small room that's attached to a school next to its sponsoring church. We were able to sock some of the money away from the sale of our hall. We use that small nestegg to supplement our growing financial shortfalls. We had a gentleman in the past that did a poor investment choice, and it nearly wiped us completely out.
I'm the youngest in our council at 30 years old - the next youngest is in his 40's and most are in their mid 50's and much higher. Like I said - lots of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam vets.
I'd like to tell some of our nefarious deeds, but I haven't been able to find any. :-P But, I'm always looking. :-x :-) ;-)