View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 02:07 PM

Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
Astronut, you claim that you can see the ISS just fine in your telescope and that it is not round but we are obliged to take your word for it. How do we know you aren't working for NASA yourself? I mean its not impossible is it? And no my telescope was not out of focus, it was the first thing I checked! And incidentally members of The Flat Earth Society were able to independantly confirm the round shape of the ISS through telescopes.
Well, regardless of what you say you saw or what a member of the flat earth society thinks they saw, I KNOW what I've seen many times. I don't work for NASA either. The fact that I can see the space station properly isn't disproven by someone who was incapable of seeing it. I've also shown the station to others over live webcasts and have the video to prove it:
Watching you try to accuse me of being in on it is hilarious, but how about you prove your accusations?
Quote:
You claim to have seen a Shuttle landing and that there was no noise. Again we have to take your word for this. How do you explain the obvious noise in the video footage?
I can tell you from personal experience the sound on TV doesn't do justice to the real sound of the sonic booms, similarly it doesn't adequately record the true sound of the shuttle rapidly descending and decelerating past mach 1. There is no engine plume, no heated wake behind it, and no loud roar that would accompany a jet. Just what sounds like the wind, caused by a high drag vehicle moving at high fractions of the speed of sound. Again, if you're going to accuse me of being a NASA employee or conspirator, prove it instead of just slandering me.
Quote:
The red lights at the rear of the Shuttle are clearly visible in photos of night time landings. How do you explain this?
There aren't any. There are shiny surfaces at the top of the engine bell that reflect the flood lamps though:
http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/...-99PP-1511.jpg
http://www.wooshrocketry.org/MiscPho...ner%20Bell.jpg
Quote:
As for your 'bouncing atoms' which explains why gas atoms don'y react in space.............oh dear, oh dear, oh dear......
The density of gas in space is far too low to cause any noticeable reaction.
Quote:
You claim UV does not break molecular bonds........! It ionizes atoms silly, of course it breaks bonds as well!
You claimed it could break any organic or inorganic bond known to man, which is utter nonsense.

Last edited by Astronut : 07-15-2009 at 02:09 PM.