View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 05:05 PM

Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
In reply to Astronut, since when did suggesting that someone may be in the employ of NASA count as slander? Can't see that at all.
Unless I'm mistaken, in context what you're essentially saying is that I'm being paid to claim that I've seen the ISS.
Quote:
And why is Astronut so keen to show 'live' telescopic images of the ISS over the internet unless he was trying to prove a big point, that the ISS does actually exist in case anyone had any doubts!
See above, you seem to think I'm paid to do this. I'm keen to show live telescopic images of ISS over the internet because astronomy is my hobby and I love getting people interested in it as well. It's no different than participating in public star parties and public viewings offline, something I also do routinely. Just because it disproves your theory doesn't make it part of a conspiracy.
Quote:
I'm afraid UV light can break open every single bond known to man, organic and inorganic.
Ah good, so then the moon doesn't exist, because after all, the moon has no atmosphere to speak of and so therefore every bond creating the molecules of the moon must have been broken a long time ago...
Quote:
Check out the photon energy levels of UV light in eV's which far exceeds all known chemical bonds in the case of far UV. UV can ionize oxygen which has a potential of 13.6 eV I seem to recall which is bigger than any bond I can think of.
Not all bonds are broken by UV light. Titanium oxide (which would be the outermost atomic layer of ISS's skin) has a bond energy of 458 eV. Pure titanium would 455 eV.