View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 11:03 PM

Thumbs down Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Seriously, do we really have to listen to a debate about whether or not the Space Shuttle and ISS are a HOAX
No one forced you to click on the thread. I promise we'll keep the discussion to just this thread.
Quote:
between two CC members who both claim that they are EXPERTS in this field and that field and, for all we know, they attain no knowledge at all about the ISS or space shuttle and are not the experts they want us to believe that they are regardless of their fancy scientific writings.

I'm going to have to start collecting credentials at the door before entry is permitted.
I've spent the last 13 years in amateur astronomy, I was a manager at a local observatory for the public after volunteering at the observatory in college. I trained their personnel on how to operate the telescopes and locate objects. I even had to show my boss how to get focused images out of a Coronado PST (personal solar telescope).

I'm not the best astrophotographer in the world by any means, and in fact there are plenty of guys out there who can take a far clearer picture of the space station than I can, but I've observed the space station close enough to make out the solar panels and modules, and it's not a balloon decoy. I don't know if that makes me an expert, but I would say that I'm competent.
Quote:
Kindly explain what purpose this HOAX would serve.
I'll leave that to alexander since he's the one proposing the hoax exists.