View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 08:39 AM

Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Wait!

Does Gale propose that the ISS and Space Shuttle are a hoax because of what he views and/or does not view through the telescope in this back yard?

Indeed, which makes one wonder why he's unable to produce images or videos proving any of this, all while claiming that I fake mine. Even if he doesn't have the necessary equipment to photograph it, thousands of other amateurs do, and simple webcam style imagers are extremely cheap anyway. Yet in spite of all of this, I don't see any other amateur complaining to the rest of us that the ISS looks completely wrong in their telescope, let alone providing images that prove it or accusing us all of forging our results. The inability to properly see ISS does not prove that it doesn't exist, especially when everyone else IS able to see it just fine. If I met him at a star party during an ISS pass I could easily show the station or even use my video camera to get his telescope to produce a recognizable image of it, if it's really the 6" reflector he claims it is. The problem with a negative result is that it includes the possibility of operator error, and when you have so many others all producing repeatable positive results, it's the only logical conclusion left.