View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 09:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to DT291 Send a message via MSN to DT291
Default Re: A TERRIBLE THOUGHT CROSSED MY MIND...

I am reading about 'baby parts for sale' right now and it is simply horrible. By far the most degrading way to view human life I've ever seen. This excerpt is probably one of the most chilling to me.

Quote:
One day when she was working, “A set of twins at 24 weeks gestation was brought to us in a pan. They were both alive. The doctor came back and said, `Got you some good specimens, twins.' I looked at him and said, `There's something wrong here. They are moving. I don't do this. This is not in my contract.' I told him I would not be part of taking their lives. So he took a bottle of sterile water and poured it in the pan until the fluid came up over their mouths and noses, letting them drown. I left the room because I could not watch this.” But she did go back and dissect them after they were dead. She said, “That's when I decided it was wrong. I did not want to be there when that happened.” And then it happened again and again. “At 16 weeks, all the way up to sometimes even 30 weeks, and we had live births come back to us.” And then? “Then the doctor would either break the neck or take a pair of tongs and beat the fetus until it was dead.”
Quite sickening. My cousin, who is now 14 months old and adopted (I really love this baby ), could easily have been one of these babies had her biological mother had decided differently. Just brings it home to me.