View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 04:24 PM
KYCH

Default Re: Are the Masons evil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintwithahole. View Post
Freemasons always come across as sad and just a little pathetic to me. They can't stand on their own two feet so they join a cult loosely disguised as a fraternity, to find the exceptance that they cannot find in the ordinary world. All the self congratulations, the back slapping, the calling each other brother, the secrets and lies, the insistance that they can make a man a better man, the ridiculous garb (apron and white gloves) is all part of the subtle brainwashing that goes on in the lodges.
And the sad truth is that they don't really understand whats going on because that's the way the cult is designed to be.
Anything can be a cult. Any GROUP with set ideals is a 'cult' by definition. Any religion can be called a cult. We don't join the Masons for 'self congratulations'. I joined the Masons because I'm a history nerd and I love esoteric work and symbolism. I gained a group of friends in a town I just moved to and the leadership training is good.

Plus I like to be involved in groups that do philanthropic work; I was a part of the Kiwanis youth group when I was in high school (really good time). Community service is something I increased in my Lodge as Master. I also gave a donation to a homeless shelter this year and we will give another right before Thanksgiving/Christmas time.

So Mint, did you get bored on ATS and decided to come on here and start slandering the Masons? Oh, and realize that 'Morals and Dogma' is intended just for the Scottish Rite, a branch of Freemasonry. I'm also curious as to why everyone picks the Scottish Rite for so many conspiracies? Why not the Shrine or York Rite?