Originally Posted by EireEngineer
First of all, the vapors seen in those now famous "amalgam filling" films is water vapor. If it was mercury vapor it would sink to the floor of the mouth due to its density.
Second of all, mercury poisoning and autism have VERY different symptoms. If you were to get a large enough dose of mercury to actually cause some level of brain impairment, you would also get all of the other symptoms as well. Common symptoms include peripheral neuropathy (presenting as paresthesia or itching, burning or pain), skin discoloration (pink cheeks, fingertips and toes), edema (swelling), and desquamation (dead skin peels off in layers).
Do you really thing the mothers and pediatritions missed their babies skin peeling off?
I'm not sure what 'films' you were watching about a amalgam fillings but the clip I saw was of someone holding a liter about 10 inches below the filling causing the filling to release greyish vapour. Explain to me where water vapour would come from and why it would be grey? I'm pretty sure hot vapour rises not sinks. Your theory just doesn't make sense.
Mercury effects everyone differently. Not everyone develops pink cheeks or edema when there poisoned by it. I'm not sure what you consider brain impairment but nearly any amount of mercury causes some degree of damage to the brain.