View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
OMG.

You're off on one pal. You're mad, in other words.
You call it mad. Mensa prefers to call it genius (I used to be a member of Mensa Belgium).

Quote:
OMG! I was clearly talking about a proposed ultra advanced tech.
You're talking about utopian sci-fi technology. I'm talking about technology that seems feasible in the future (and for this I consult my knowledge of high-tech today).

Quote:
Hence your view of your DELL job has no bearing.
My DELL job? Business Intelligence is quite a different playing field from a "DELL job".

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie
We are arguing about something imaginary.

>>No we're not.

You have exact details of Atlantis technology and culture do you? No. We are guessing.
We have anachronistic anomalies from other cultures during the last 5000 years and various monolithic structures from unknown eras and cultures. The imply knowledge of how to carve into diorite, knowledge of how to cut huge stone blocks and place them perfectly on top of one another, knowledge of how to make alluminum, advanced knowlegde of astronomy, knowledge of quantum physics, the ability to travel all over the world, etc.

The existence of an advanced high culture in the part is further confirmed by the mythology of numerous ancient peoples, where these

Quote:
Hence imaginary, theoritical.
Even if we did not have any evidence of a high advanced civilisation in our deep past at all (which we do have), that doesn't mean we should approach such a concept from a utopian and purely hypothetical perspective. Instead of philosophising about an imaginary utopia, we can apply our understanding of anthropology, psychology, sociology and modern engineering to get an idea of what such a culture could have been like. Otherwise, the entire topic is pointless and only interesting for a high school philosophy class.

Quote:
>>Knowing the current stage of human technology and man's nature to screw up, I find that very hard to believe.

CURRENT is the word.
We can only judge human capabilities by what we know about today and about the past.... If there's no proven historical precedent of technological perfection and many precedents of technological screw-ups up until this very day, your ramblings about technological perfection are meaningless.

Quote:
A perfect society would have created something indestructable that would still be around today.
The piramids, the Mayan pyramids, the structure in Tihuanacu and many other monolithic structures all over the world are still around today in quite good condition and show traces of anachronistic advanced knowledge. We don't know how many more are still submerged beneath the world's deserts (in Egypt, there's a monolithic structure of an unknown era located many meters below any other structures in that area) or other locations?

Quote:
OR it wasn't perfect. Logic. You are arguing that it wasn't perfect. Fine. End of discussion.
Of course it wasn't perfect. Nothing human is ever perfect, so I really don't see your point. Where did I suggest a perfect ancient culture? Why did you bring up this pointless concept?