View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
They used skills that DIED OUT. We could easily relearn them and replicate them today.
Just like we could easily learn space travel, I guess.....

Quote:
Not evidence.
The Egyptian, Tolmec and Roman structures are evidence of highly advanced stone building skills (no more, no less). Interesting is also that some of these advanced techniques (eg. binding huge blocks by means of metal pieces moulded on the spot) were used both in pre-Columbian South-America and in the "New World", which might suggest a mutual influence.

Quote:
Prove that block of aluminium was actually found in that hole. Prove it didn't slip in recently, during the excavation. Prove that place hadn't been dug up before and the item lost there recently. Prove that the oxidisation couldn't have happened in a short time period. Prove it wasn't a fake. There's no real proof of how old it is or where it was found.
What would constitute as proof in your opinion?

>>Maybe you should read the book first before dismissing it. It's not that expensive

Quote:
Did you read the criticism of the book and the rest of the stuff I provided? I bet not.
Only very superficially. I haven't had the time yet to go through everything yet as I also have a life to manage....

Anyway, criticism of a source is pointless without checking at least relevant excerpts of the source itself or criticism of the critic ("debunkers of the debunkers"). It is very easy and common to misrepresent oposing views by means of quote-mining and other techniques.

Quote:
Have you spent a second trying to debunk all the things you hold to be true. I bet not.
I always spend many hours checking out sources from as many perspectives as possible before I make up my mind about something. I never limit myself to just one POV.

Quote:
Do you think maybe they WALKED? the land masses are connected, and even more so in the distant past. They could still have used boats. What's to stop them? your dim view of black people?
It doesn't matter HOW they got from one place to the other. What matters, is that official historiography claims they DIDN'T (which shows that official historiography is wrong in this critical area). How hard is that to understand with that thick skull of yours?

Also, Africa and Europe were NEVER connected to South-America (at least not since man walks on this planet). There is also no evidence of any negroid culture ever making boats that remotely allowed inter-continental travels and also among other cultures there was only very little technology capable of intercontinental travel at a regular basis that we know of (which is why official historiography says is was pretty much non-existant).

Quote:
You haven't provided one iota of real reliable evidence. I wonder why you still believe. Maybe I just have higher standards.
You prefer to ignore anomalies, whereas I try to find a logical explanation. That's where we differ.