View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 10:55 AM

Default Re: What do you do to resist every day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly View Post
I don't watch much TV (propaganda)
Check!

I haven't watched any program on my own TV for many weeks (I do watch films on DVD, though).

Quote:
I don't buy from Wal-Mart or McDonald's, or any other conglomerate. I support local businesses whenever I can.
I do buy from supermarkets but I avoid fast food chains and certain other conglomerates.

Quote:
I don't drive a car.
I currently don't own a car because I used to drive a company car and budgetary reasons don't allow me to buy a car of my own just yet. Still, I believe a car is pretty necessary if you want to be really mobile.

Quote:
I don't eat the worthless processed food that they are trying to force on us.
I try to cook mostly with fresh ingredients and luckily genetic manipulation is heavily regulated in Europe (where I live).

Quote:
I don't drink tap water when I can avoid it.
I live in a country where tap water is not fluorised, so this is no issue for me.

Quote:
I practice safer money handeling.
Like many people in my country, I'm raised with the conviction that one should only get a loan to buy or build a house. Thus, I never buy anything on credit (I don't own a house yet) and I don't even own a creditcard. I used to prefer cash, though currently prefer my debet card for practical reasons.

Quote:
I'll get off the grid.
Not really feasible for me....

Quote:
I keep an open mind, and quest for knowledge on my own, rather than have it handed to me, regurgitated through corporate news.
Check!

I've been doing my own independent research for about a decade and I've developed my own private library with socially relevant works (mostly topics like war, politics, sociology, philosophy, economy, ...) from throughout the last 150 years (including some very rare works) to support my research.

Quote:
What do you do to resist today? I wanna hear more ideas
I had a talk with a collegue of mine (I work in IT) on international politics, conspiracies, etc. By doing so, I helped increase awareness just a little bit