View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 02:29 PM

Default Re: 1918 Spanish Flu a Biological Warfare Agent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Just curious.

How does a comment of a couple of paragraphs on a conspiracy forum cause one to write their way through two children and a divorce?

It's not like you wrote a dissertation.

No need to shudder.

You're a big boy. You can take it. It comes with the turf.

Mrs. Angel:

This is what is commonly known as "hyperbole" in English composition. You'll have to look it up...

Lord woman, you "shore is one scrappy li'l thang," as they say down South. You are persistance (squared), or persistence (cubed) even - sorry, no exponential function on this site..

Look, why don't you log off your computer for a while, go and read William Faulkner's "As I Lay Dying." I'm reading it again for the second time. The first time I read it I was only 19 years old and really couldn't appreciate it. Now that I'm older I can really appreciate it - it is truely a literary masterpiece. It is filled with every gut-wrenching emotion known to humanity, all expressed in Faulkner's own unique style. That being said, it is not an easy read. Faulkner writes the entire novel in the first person, as told by from the perspective of each individual character in the novel. It is also written, in large part, in a very archaic, rural Southern dialect that even I find hard to penetrate. Read it for content...., read it for feeling. You won't be disappointed....

The internet has its utility - I suppose. It shouldn't be a substitute for anything of worth in the world of literature - it doesn't even come close...

Last edited by Fahrenheit 912 : 11-03-2009 at 05:05 PM.