View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Woo Nemesis

Default Re: Orchestrated Flu Pandemics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
Let's see... Two "free market" capitalists, one proponent of capitalism with state intervention and one communist. I see you stayed nicely within the black-and-white capitalism-vs-communism paradigm rather than moving beyond. You should try reading some literature from Russian anarchists like Mikhail Bakunin and Peter Kropotkin, German philosophers like Oswald Spengler, Carl Schmitt, Martin Heidegger and Ernst Jünger or contemporary theorists like Troy Southgate, Alain de Benoist and Tomislav Sunić. These are the sort of thinkers that have most influence on me.
I think that I will stick with my Richard Cantillon,Turgot, and Boehm-Bawerk, but thanks anyway.

The success of a civilisation is not determined by the its GNP but by its ability to remain stable and take care of its citizens. In fact, raping the planet the capitalist way is the worst a society can develop in the long run since it might destroy our species in the long run.
Right, because there are NOOOO environmental problems in Russia or China. Its civilization btw

That's what I suggested the possibility of governments issuing conditional loans without interest.
Ah yes, creating yet another bureaucracy which then has to be funded by either higher taxes or increases in the debt, rather than just letting market forces work. Not to menion being FAAARRRRR less efficient.

If the company is profitable, it can expand using these profits as capital rather than using it to pay ridiculously high wages to executives.
Ah yes, the tired old idiom of the left: Its all those rich CEO's fault!
In fact, the costs of upgrading even one manufacturing facility in most cases would outstrip all of the executive compensations put together

There are different ways to finance big projects. For example, government grants could be given or loaned (without interests) to companies with promising ideas.
Ah yes, the promise of having a wise panel of philosopher kings, who will, by the way, have a monopoly on all lending. Talk about dampening innovation.