View Single Post
  #23  
Old 11-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Out of the Box Out of the Box is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 518
Default Re: Orchestrated Flu Pandemics

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
I think that I will stick with my Richard Cantillon,Turgot, and Boehm-Bawerk, but thanks anyway.
Why do you refuse to look outside of the box? Are you afraid of what you'll see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Right, because there are NOOOO environmental problems in Russia or China. Its civilization btw
Again, you fail to look beyond the capitalist-vs-communist paradigm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Ah yes, creating yet another bureaucracy which then has to be funded by either higher taxes or increases in the debt, rather than just letting market forces work. Not to menion being FAAARRRRR less efficient.
Actually, the only reason why governments have debt is because rather than issuing their own money (there is no reason a government can be its own interest-free bank) governments loan it (at interest) from private corporations who themselves create money out of nothing (via fractional reserve banking). If you keep the amount of money in your country stable (to avoid inflation), there is no reason whatsoever for any country to actually loan money rather than issue it themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Ah yes, the tired old idiom of the left: Its all those rich CEO's fault!
Would you say it's fair when a CEO earn 2 million dollars a month for making high level decisions (that are often superfluous, stupid or simply ignorant) and major shareholders get their millions for just providing a small part of their capital while those doing the actual hard work (whether intellectual or physical) are only paid a tiny fraction of the profits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
In fact, the costs of upgrading even one manufacturing facility in most cases would outstrip all of the executive compensations put together.
I'm very much aware of corporate budgets, thank you. I work in Business Intelligence, remember?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Ah yes, the promise of having a wise panel of philosopher kings, who will, by the way, have a monopoly on all lending. Talk about dampening innovation.
Well.... Hitler Germany was one of the most innovative societies in 20th century history. It was a mixture of dictatorship and meritocracy and was very critical of capitalist society, yet it achieved so much in 6 years it's hard to fanthom partly by means of government sponsored projects. The made one of the most popular cars ever, they built the best roads in Europe, they built the first modern assault rifle (StG44), etc.

Inca civilisation was a largely collectivist society ruled by an arristocracy. It managed to develop succesful agricultural products in a climate with very little fertility.

These are but two examples of civilisations that were not capitalist or "democratic" yet very succesful from an economic point of view.
Reply With Quote