View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Woo Nemesis

Default Re: THERE IS NO EVIDENCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
There are also books and websites that explain just exactly how a hollow earth or a flat earth is possible and in fact probable. Just because some people attempt to explain the unexplainable with faulty logic, that doesn't mean they're right.

Please tell me in your own words how it is technically possible for fire to cause what happened and please refer to my objections to this theory while you're at it.

It's so much easier to accuse the other of antisemitism than to respond to his arguments. Feel free to attempt to disprove the facts I presented to you. Why don't you read Kevin MacDonald's Culture of Critique first before you continue to make such ignorant accusations?
Its pretty simple really, and you would know exactly what I am talking about if you read anything besides the conspiracy pages. I am sure that BlueAngel will be trying to paint me as claiming to be an expert because of this (It is a favorite tactic of hers), but here goes.
1. The impact of the airliner likely removed much of the soft, foam fireproofing that was designed to protect the steel in the event of a conventional fire.
2. While the resulting fire, which was only temporarily fueled by the aviation fuel, certainly was not hot enough to "melt" steel, as CTs love to claim, it was certainly hot enough to weaken and expand the steel, causing the truss' to fail.
"Steel loses about 50 percent of its strength at 1100F," notes senior engineer Farid Alfawak-hiri of the American Institute of Steel Construction. "And at 1800 it is probably at less than 10 percent." In addition, the water lines servicing the sprinkler system were damaged by the impact, so there was essentially no mitigation taking place.
3. Once the structual elements were weakened, the floors began to pancake down onto each other. There was a certain amount of leaning as well, especially in the collapse of the south tower. As the collapse happened the top section of the building clearly leans over before coming down.

I will say that the theory of a controlled demolition is intriguing, but there are too many what ifs and special pleading required in it for it to work, in my opinion.