View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Hollow Earth theory

Hi, I'm Doug McClure and you may know me from such films as...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_the_Earth's_Core_(film)

Quote:
Dr. Abner Perry, a Victorian period scientist (Cushing), and his American financier David Innes (McClure) make a test run of their Iron Mole drilling machine in a Welsh mountain, but end up in a strange underground labyrinth ruled by a species of giant telepathic flying-reptiles, The Mahars, and full of prehistoric monsters and cavemen. They are captured by the Mahars, who keep primitive humans as their slaves through mind control. David falls for the beautiful slave girl Princess Dia (Munro), but when she is chosen as a sacrificial victim in the Mahar city, David must organize the humans to rebel and save her.

Mahar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Mahars are an important social group within the Indian state of Maharashtra state and surrounding states. A grouping of related endogamous castes, the Mahar are the largest scheduled caste group in Maharashtra.[1] In the early 1980s, the Mahar community was estimated to make up about 9% of the population of the state of Maharashtra.[1] . According to Mr. R.V. Russell, "the most probable meaning of Mahārāshtra would therefore seem to be ‘The country of the Mahārs.’". [2] [3]
Do I sense a racial element to this? ))

Last edited by albie : 11-06-2009 at 04:13 AM.