View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Reptile face in the 5 pound note!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
We know there are liars in the world. We have all met them. They will make up all kinds of crap. Now the internet is a great place for them.
So is the CIA or Mossad

Quote:
They can find big groups of people who are willing to believe AND they can tell their stories to them without the obstacle of being face to face with them.
The Internet is also the only place where controversial facts can reach a large audience, unlike the controlled mainstream media and biased academia. In some cases, it is the only place to find certain facts (if you disregard rare controversial books). The idea that mainstream views are always factual and unpopular views are always biased is a silly fallacy and this is perfectly illustrated by the fact that once 99% of all Europeans were certain the earth was flat and laughed at the idea of a round earth.

But I will agree with you on this : there's a lot of nonsense to be found on the Internet. That's one of the reasons I try to use well-sourced books instead of Internet sources as references whenever I can.

Quote:
It seems bloody obvious that they are the kids in the playground who just bullshitted constantly to make themselves look important. If not, then WHERE have those kids gone?
Some of them may have turned into "sceptics" and just continued lying from a different point of view