View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Reptile face in the 5 pound note!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
What possible agenda could a fat/skinny spotty loser fantasist have that make him a debunker of all the things he believes in?
He could be a staunch defender of Zionism, Democracy, Capitalism, Multi-Culturalism, Christianity and/or other viewpoints and become a "debunker" in an attempt to support his viewpoints.

I just think you are lying to yourself about this. You don't have a cogent argument.

Quote:
Quote:
It depends on the topic. On some topics, they're actually incorrect 99% of the time.
Which topics? Lumps of aluminium that may or may not be 20,000 years old?
9/11, the Holocaust and the capitalist oligarchy to name just a few. On these issues they completely ignore the evidence and just parrot the mainstream account ad nauseam, usually combined with insults and a strawman argument here and there.

Quote:
And therefore it is surely your and their aim to debunk what it on those sites.
I used to do this for several hours a day. Then I started spending my time on more useful activities.

Quote:
What you get on 99% of forums and blogs is the same basic arguments that are years old and defunct. None of the arguments of both sides. But on debunking sites you will at least have the theorists' ideas and the debunking. Which is more instructive? Obviously the latter.
I see little difference in attitude between "conspiracy theorist" sites and "debunker" sites. Narrowmindedness in combination with arrogance and ignorance prevail on BOTH!

Last edited by Out of the Box : 11-09-2009 at 03:46 AM.