View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Reptile face in the 5 pound note!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
No, its not that the report is simply believed and all evidence to the contrary ignored...its that the "evidence" is not convincing when taken as a whole.
How is the evidence not convincing? The way the two towers fell is already enough evidence for controlled demolition.

Quote:
Quote:
This is only true in some cases. Especially when a topic is politically sensitive or corporate interests are at stake science is often abandoned for pseudo-science. This is especially the case in social sciences, but also in engineering.
Examples?
The most typical examples :
  • Any study that disagrees with the claim that Hitler was responsible for genocide
  • Any study that disagrees with the claim that all races are equal
  • Any research that can replace fossil fuel entirely
Quote:
I will agree that the hyperbole over the current H1N1 virus is a bit overdone. Never the less, H1N1 does in fact kill, and those at the most risk should probably get the vaccine, whether or not you believe in herd immunity.
To my knowledge, there are still less H1N1 deaths than the annual deaths from ordinary flu.

Quote:
As somone who volunteers for the Race for the Cure every year, I can tell you though that if it wasnt for chemotherapy, most of the women there would not be alive today. Yes it sucks, but so does dying.
I'm not convinced that chemo is more effective than eg. Royal Rife's approach.

Quote:
I would agree to a point, but you would still be plugging in possibly erroneous assumptions that could lead to inaccurate data at the end.
The same is true for any scientific hypothesis that hasn't been proven yet.