View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
>>You rely on the word of someone who read the book yet you consider my arguments invaluable because I do the same. Isn't that pretty hypocritical?!?
No. I try to check out books recommended to me if they are available to me, regardless of whether they're recommended to me by someone who shares my position or someone who oposes it. You seem to be only interested in books that already support your position.

Quote:
I based my evidence on an actual quote from the book. You can't even do that.
To celebrate India's connection to the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) Experiment, India's Department of Atomic Energy gifted a two-metre bronze statue of Nataraja (Dancing Shiva ) to CERN on June 18, 2004 with a plaque that had the following lines of Fritjof Capra engraved on it.

Quote:
"Modern physics had shown that the rhythm of creation and destruction is not only manifest in the turn of the seasons and in the birth and death of living creatures, but is also the very essence of inorganic matter. For modern physicists...Shiva's dance is the dance of subatomic matter."

- Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics.
Quote:
But if me not reading the book means I cannot talk about it then why don't you, as someone who hasn't read the book either, not talk about it too?
You can never judge a book based on quote-mining alone.

I should read the book, though, however it's not highest on my reading list. In fact, I only just started reading The Diversity Myth.

Quote:
>>It was recommended to me by one of the wisest people I've ever met and he did read the book.

Oh, wise, eh? Well that's convinced me. Apologise for wasting my time.
Are you implying you never take someone on their word after they've already proven their wisdom and knowledge to you?