View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Are the Laws of Physics Wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzRoc View Post
Because a stationary object in the gravitational field will FALL unless it is restrained by a force. Then it won't. (Say.) That force is unmoving and therefore no work is being done.

I searched in vain for a good analogy for muscular effort the other night. This is it. When a human lifts a weight, his muscular function is exactly analogous to a slipping clutch. Humans do work to create a force. Machines don't.

That's a FAIL. It's just exerting a force upon it.

ALL gravitational fields pass through ALL materials without exception. You would get NOTHING in a physics paper for this.

The electrostatic repulsion is FRICTIONLESS. Quantum rules. No work can ever be done upon them, (let's not consider electrochemical energies right now) except in the following manner:
ANY work done in the readjustment of an electron orbit will either require a photon input or produce a photon as output.
No atomic nuclei are ever exposed outside of nuclear fission or fusion.
All we EVER "feel" are the repulsions of such electron orbits.
EVEN when a tank is penetrated by an anti-tank round (possibly one of the hardest man-made impacts), NO nucleus of an atom of the metal of the round gets anywhere near contacting any nucleus of an atom of the metal of the tank.
Well how about the following example. Two teams contest in a tug of war. While both sides take the strain pulling either end of the rope and the red rag tied at the centre of the rope is not moving, you claim no work is being done. According to work done = force x distance, work is only ever done when the red rag is moving. Bravo, bravo!

I could go on and on, there are so many other examples I just couldn't think of them all!

And you claim I have a fail in physics?