View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Are the Laws of Physics Wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzRoc View Post
That again is an example of musculature emulating a slipping clutch, and has nothing to do with simple mechanics. Do you KNOW how muscles work?
Engineering solved three hundred years ago the problem of how to avoid human beings doing WORK while in a motionless state. They used a RATCHET. As in a vehicular handbrake lever. The pawl locks the mechanism which remains under tension.
Because you wilfully will not understand the science of mechanics you believe the millions of engineers who preceded you have all missed something essential.
Any year ten science book will show you otherwise.
Waste your own time attempting to prove it wrong if you must. You won't.
The principle of how work is done is one of the most basic principles in Physics. It's less than 1% of all the physics theory there is, yet underlies all else.
If you cannot understand this clearly you're in a world full of pain, full of misconception after misconception. Yes, FAIL.
Okay JazzRoc if you're so sure of yourself then explain away my original example in my first post. You haven't done this yet.

Indeed this is my best example:

Two men of exactly the same physical strength push two differing weights mounted on sets of wheels. If the weight pushed by the second man is exactly double that of the firstís and is pushed through the exact same distance, each man could not have performed the exact same amount of work while pushing with the exact same force. On the contrary the second man would have needed to have pushed the heavier weight for a longer duration of time using the exact same force in order to have moved it through the same unit distance (as a result of its acceleration being less from F = ma), and this would have resulted in more work having been done. This contradicts the accepted relation, Work Done = Force x Distance.

Take it away JazzRoc.