View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Health Insurance Reform

Sorry, but I don't get it.

I thought that ONE of the reasons for HEALTH REFORM was to provide coverage for the poorest of the poor; those who can't afford it, but instead, I'm hearing that under this reform, people who do not secure health insurance coverage will be fined.

HUH?

How does this make any sense?

If you're stupid it does and that is exactly what our government officials think we are.

Since the poorest of the poor are not being provided for in this bill and they can't afford health insurance, I assume they will be the major targets of this government imposed fine.

How does this make any sense?

If they can't afford health insurance coverage, they certainly can't afford to pay a fine.

A one time fine?

A monthly fine?

Who will be the benefactors of these fines?

The government?

The health insurance industry?

Will people be locked up in prison if they don't pay their fines?

I mean, seriously.

Our government passes health reform legislation, and, in the process, strips away another freedom.

The freedom of choice.

Those who can't afford health insurance, should be provided for by the government and not fined for not securing health insurance that they cannot afford.

Those who can afford health insurance coverage and chose to opt out, should not be fined due to exercising their freedom of choice.

It's their life.

It's their health.

As per usual, the government giveth, but taketh away in the process.

Same 'ole, same 'ole.

I'm not saying that I haven't heard anything GOOD within this bill, but, come on, a fine.

Hello, communism!

Last edited by BlueAngel : 03-28-2010 at 10:24 PM.