View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Snake to Draken, come in Draken...

Quote:
Draken wrote:

I can't say I agree a 100% with the Christian doctrine, but I agree with most of it. I also highly respect other traditions based on a genuine knowledge of God

There's me in a nutshell - what about you?
I was asking because of the symbols, and mainly because I was curious as to your esoteric posts.
I was an atheist, and am now a Christian.
The thing about Christianity is that it is a historical movement based on a historical person, powered by a supernatural historical event; namely the resurrection.
so to be intellectually honest with the Christian movement you can't be selective, you either accept it or reject it.
Being highly respectful of other traditions, while admirable might not lead you to truth.
You state other traditions based on an genuine knowledge of God, how do we determine what is genuine and what is false?
sincerety of belief does not make it genuine knowledge of the divine.
we cannot know the transcendent unless he takes the first step and reveals himself to us, this is the claim of Christianity that he revealed himself to us in his son and in no other way, this absolute exclusive claim to the divine is offensive to many people, they say it is intolerrant.
But it is confirmed by his resurrection from the dead, a historical event.
Truth is by nature exclusive.
I would advise any lover of truth and any sincere seeker of the divine, to look at the life, claims, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth. Because if he rose from the dead, he speaks the words of God for God, and if he claimed exclusivity to that, then all else by definition is false.
And truth about God is the ultimate truth.
I hope a seeker such as yourself friend takes the invitation.

With all due respects.. Snake