View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 06:47 PM
KYCH

Default Re: Are American Freemasons 'Blue Bloods'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
Why is it that an elitist, aristocratic organisation from Europe is copied such that an almost exact replica is found in the US?
Well, Freemasonry isn't an elitist, aristocratic organization. A good man who holds a faith is eligible to petition for membership.

Quote:
Surely there is nothing revolutionary or republican in an organisation that traces its roots back to the medieval Knights Templar?
And even though there is no concrete evidence that there is a direct connection between Freemasons and Knights Templar, why would you say that about the Templars? I'd say, for their time, the Knights had a very democratic process as they elected their Grand Master (the head of the Order).

Quote:
I was interested to hear how the masonic Skull and Bones of Yale of which George Bush senior was a member has its origins traced back to America's 'Blue Bloods'. These people weren't really committed to American Independence and owned a lot of wealth they didn't wish to lose.
First, the Skull & Bones is not connected in any ways to the Freemasons, specifically as an affiliated body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompk View Post
They were in place to make sure that taxes were still being collected.
So how is a government to function without some taxes being collected. Personally, I'm a staunch conservative and against high taxes, and prefer a smaller federal government.

Quote:
All Freemasons, are loyal to the Queen of England (British Royalty). Many don't even know it, as they haven't bothered to review the history.
Wrong my friend. Nowhere in any Oaths that I have taken have I sworn loyalty to the Queen of England. In fact, we promise never to let women join our Craft (which some feminists have a huge problem with I'm sure). Nor do we swear loyalty to British Royalty. Every Grand Lodge is sovereign unto itself and there is no superior body that controls the Grand Lodge.

Quote:
That's why we have states like Virginia, named after Queen Victoria, The House of Burgesses, of which Washington was a member of, was created to instill the English Court system, which is a masonic system.
How is the English Court system a Masonic system?