View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:15 PM

Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
Expecting government to do anything efficiently or effectively is like hearding cats. Not that the private sector is all that much better since avarice, sloth, and risk taking are essential characteristics of human nature. The best society can ever do is to punish the offenders, which you an only do after the fact.

The president is not king, and comes with his own error prone, massive bureaucracy under him. While I am certainly no fan of the current administration, I do recognize the limitations of the office. Presidents receive far to much blame and far too much credit for things that happen under their watch. That being said, the response to this certainly could have been far better, and far faster, but I dont think it takes a conspiracy to have what is really quite normal human incompetence such as this.
Like I said, you would think the President/government would demand BP provide hundreds of hazmat workers, but I think not, so, therefore, I do not expect government to do anything effectively or efficiently.

Thank goodness fallacies is one of those Americans, 20 percent or so, who believe the President is handling the BP oil GUSH CRISIS effectively and efficiently.

Presidents are puppets.

They receive the blame and credit that their puppet masters orchestrate.

The blame rolls off their backs like a duck in water.

They don't sweat it and you shouldn't either, Mr. Sympathizer.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-01-2010 at 11:41 PM.