View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 01:05 PM

Default Re: I'm here because StompK said you hate me

The problem with organisations such as the O.T.O. and its predecessor the Golden Dawn is that many would hold that they are little more than a gimmick.

At the meetings of the mightily famous Golden Dawn many of the initiates couldn't refrain from laughing at the proceedings. And after their solemn initiation and after great anticipation of receiving a wonderous secret, the initiates were simply shown the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet and asked to memorize them!

It isn't a wonder therefore that the organisation split apart then disbanded after just a few years?

And this organisation recruited from among the ranks of the Freemasons! As if they were going up in the world...........

As for the OTO which was founded by Aleister Crowley it surely must be more of the same. The only difference is Crowley was a little on the shady side as he was known to have summoned the odd demon or two............

Can the same be said of Freemasonry? Is it little more than a parlour game and are they taking themselves far too seriously?

I live not that far from Glastonbury these days and at this New Age meeting place courses are offered in shamanism, astral projection, past life regression etc, etc.

Is this really what the Freemasons are preaching to its initiates?