View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 08:21 AM

Default Re: I'm here because StompK said you hate me

Drawing heavily on "THE BROTHERHOOD The Secret World of Freemasons" by Stephen Knight
but first....
Excerpts from

THE VERY SOVEREIGN: You must remember, my Brother, that, when you were accepted to be Free Mason, when you were given the Light, you saw all your Brothers with their Swords. They serve to defend you and to save you from danger. But at the same time it was their destiny to touch you, to punish you and to stab you in your chest to revenge the Freemasonry if you deceive and violate yourself to the pledged Vows that you have made...
The Brother Inspector:
I am willing to practice revenge against all traitors of the Freemasonry.

THvery good chance to show your courage and to prove your diligence, and this is the only possibility to access your desired Degree. ...

E VERY SOVEREIGN: I must announce to you that the man may be someone that you know. Possibly even a friend of yours, with whom you may have very strong ties. In that case you must suppress all your fellow-feelings, to only keep the feelings of revenge. Thus, this is a
The Brother Inspector: I,--- , promise solemnly, in presence of the Great Architect of the Universe
and the Honorable Brothers of the Gathering of the Chosen Ones of the Ninth to never reveal the Secrets of this Degree to whom ever which are mine, thus will still be trusted, unless I know him and know that he is of the same Degree as I.

I promise to revenge the Freemasonry, as well as in general as in special cases
. I join additionally to be as a support pillar for the Order, to help my Brothers with all my heart and all power, to obey the Grand Council of the Princes of Jerusalem...
THE VERY SOVEREIGN:... The first Symbol is made by doing as if one is stabbing the forehead of another with a Dagger; he must answer by feeling his head with his hand as if he wants to see if he is blood-stained.
The Second Symbol is made by doing as if one is planting the Dagger in the heart of the Brother
; beside that one says 'Nekam'. The other brings his right-hand up to the heart and says 'Nikar'.
(In the "Historic Construction" presented as the basis for this ritual the overzealous Brother, in loyalty to the Brotherhood in revenging the enemy, stabs him in the head and chest, thus denying the King his plan to carry out the most cruel torture against the offender. The Brother was to himself be punished for denying the King this pleasure, but All Brothers threw themselves onto the ground to beg his mercy and forgiveness and he was spared.)
Near the close of the ceremony the lines read,
...how easy the heart of a good King can be touched, and, how important it is to have true friends that can warmly defend you under all circumstance.