View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: UFO propaganda is among the chief false teachings of our age

From savethemales.ca:

Could the "Disclosure Project" be disinformation? I suppose but I don't know what purpose it would serve.
-----------------------------------------
Answer: The creation of a new religion

Fourth, when the alien messages are all put together, we find that their combined effect is the creation of a new religion. Themes of transcendence, supernatural entities, spiritual evolution, and our `seeded' origins all combine to form a new, religious outlook on life. A new `religion' is in the process of being formed right on our TV screens every night. It does not have a church, for it is universal. It does not have membership, for everyone is automatically a member, if they so choose. It's missionaries are the UFO contactees themselves, what author and channeler Brad Steiger refers to as “the heralds of a New Age religion.” [19] As strange as this may initially sound, consider the following. As a result of encounters with the ETs, the lives of men and women are being changed. Our beliefs about man, his place in the universe, and our purpose on earth are all being impacted. Our entire worldview, the way in which we ascribe coherent meaning and purpose to life, is all being challenged and replaced with an alternative point of view. Whitley Streiber acknowledges this when he writes, “we are dealing with a new system of beliefs on its way to becoming fixed into religious dogma, the way the religion is in my case emerging, right into the middle of a mind with no obvious allegiance to it at all . . .” [20]
http://www.ses.edu/journal/issue2_1/2_1tunnicliffe.htm