Thread: Good Morning!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Good Morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser Tiponi View Post
Most people are NOT on top of what's going on out there. And no, it's not one bit funny. It's the lack of attention by average people that have caused our demise.

My Facebook acct: is a great example of people not paying attention to anything except American Idol and similiar worthless crap. I know this is true from statements like "Thanks FB friends for letting me know Osama is dead" ( from a grown adult no less). Or "what's going on with the soldiers not getting paid" ( when congress couldn't agree on the budget and there was concern military soldiers would not receive pay checks if there was indeed a shutdown). I could list comments like that for most any day since I added my first few friends to that account.

These same people who know how many kids Angelina Jolie has ( I have no clue), probably can't name the current vice president. Just for laughs ask them who is the secretary of defense. But if you want to know who had the first #1 hit, Michael Jackson or Prince (again I have no clue) just ask any of likely 95% of your FB friends and the answer would probably come back faster then google could give it.

And these are the uninformed masses voting for our future. Elected officials are not blameless for their share of the problems going on around here. But ignorance it seems is just as much to blame. Any important facts they do retain are provided by FOX news. "Obama was born in Africa, or somewhere other then Hawaii." Is Hawaii an American state?

If you don't believe me start walking up to random people in the grocery store or where ever you might be at the time and ask: Hey, who is the secretary of defense? Try it! Ask a dozen people. You will be shocked at how many people can't answer correctly. Even with the wars in the middle east they don't know the answer to that simple question. (this is the guy who determines a great deal of what the media is gonna learn for their reports on the wars). But when FOX news reports Bin Laden is dead they are like OH, OK. "With Osama dead does that mean the troops will be coming home now?" lol... I'm not intent on being comedic but you have to admit the previous question has a certain humor to it. And was posted on facebook by a registered voter, GEEZ!!!

If you never question anything how will you ever get answers? There seems to be only one solution to answer that question. People Like us need to use the internet to teach these people. Debate debate debate until you set them straight.
Oh, yes, and then there is "Dancing with the Stars" and "Jersey Shore" and this housewife and that housewife.

Oh, please, continue to distract me with other people's lives because my life is just sooooooo boring that I'd rather be a couch potato more involved in the lives of other people rather than involved in world events that affect me and everyone else on this planet.