View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 01:20 PM

Default Re: The 1958 takeover of the Catholic Church (rare footage)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairveaux View Post
Well it's nice to have a civil exchange with someone who has a different belief system. I'll agree that it is very difficult to accept the resurection and the the virgin birth coming from a materialist standpoint (I'm not saying your a materialist). For me it wasn't until I began to pray that I felt a supernatural influnece in my life, I'm sure you've heard the song amazing grace, well I didn't understand what grace was until I experienced it. I didn't truly believe these things for a long time but didn't want to reject the faith of my ancestors, I often found myself asking for confirmation, wanting to believe but unconvinced. About 6 years ago after reciting the Rosary 3 or 4 times I began to undergo a genuine conversion. This is just my story, it's all I can say.
We all need to believe in something! Even atheists believe in something! It costs nothing to be civil and engage in a well mannered debate, so please know that I will respect your beliefs.
On the subject of miraculous happenings, I believe such things happen as I have experienced a miracle myself when I was cured of cancer by a wonderful healer. I have also witnessed things which normal physical laws do not apply!
Onto the gospels of the new testament, and they are riddled with that many contradictions that it is difficult to believe them. A little time spent studying the gospels will reveal the many contradictions within. Their are also question marks about the true authorship of the letters written by Paul.
As for the virgin birth, well Jesus isn't the only candidate! Buddha and Krishna qualify too!
I believe all religions are used by the powers that be to control the masses, and to cause divisions between people. Maybe in the beginning their was an element of truth in these religions but as time has progressed religion has been watered down, and is now a tool of mind control.
I am not a materialist and never have been, I've always followed a spiritual path. I believe in a Divine Source, and in reincarnation.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, is what I live by.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.