Thread: Oh, Lord!
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Oh, Lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Super Moderator doesn't equal staff
Odd that. If you have the ability to moderate and/or ban user accounts, you're considered "staff" on every other user-generated venue online.

Quote:
and this website has existed for many, many years without the current advertisements of which this thread is the topic.
Perhaps a little bit of research would uncover that the ads (as I'm seeing them) are being delivered via DoubleClick, most likely through either Google AdSense or Google's Ad Exchange. Behaviorally-targeted ads from such sources may include campaigns from dozens, even hundreds, of sources and Crowdgather has almost no input on the ads that are delivered to you.

It can be expensive to operated a web site, every impression delivered costs somebody some money. The only way to continue to deliver a free-to-access web site, other than through altruistic philanthropy, is via advertising.

As a staff member of this web site, I'm sure you have the email address of ownership. Perhaps a private email would have been more effective than a public thread?

(Right now I'm seeing ads for grills at Lowes, which makes sense since I was on their site not long ago searching for grilling accessories.)

Last edited by TheSkepticGuy : 06-06-2011 at 01:38 AM.