View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 04:45 PM
KYCH

Default Re: Are the Masons evil?

I bet most of the oaths are on the net somewhere.

If you could, can you please post the "testimonies" of these "former high degreed Masons"? Can you post what degrees they've gone through and positions they've sat in? Degree doesn't rank. I mean I'm sure some were 32nd degree Scottish Rite Masons, but the Scottish Rite is not some superior degree above all others.

Freemasonry is not a religion:

Quote:
Our purpose as freemasons is not that of a religion. Freemasonry lacks the basic elements of religion. Freemasonry is not a religion nor is it a substitute for religion.

-Freemasonry advocates no sectarian faith or practise.
-Freemasonry seeks no converts
-We solicit no new members
-We have no dogma or theology. Religious discussion is forbidden in a masonic lodge thereby eliminating the chance for any masonic dogma to form.
-It offers no sacraments and does not claim to lead to salvation by works, by secret knowledge, or by any other means. The secrets of Freemasonry are concerned with the modes of recognition only and not with the means of salvation.
-Freemasonry supports religion. Freemasonry is far from indifferent to religion. Without interfering in religious practise, it expects each member to follow his own faith.

A man does not subscribe to a new religion, much less to an anti-Christian religion when he becomes a freemason, any more than when he joins any political party or community association. There is nothing in Freemasonry that is opposed to the religion he brings with him into the masonic lodge. Freemasonry does not assert nor does it teach that one religion is as good as another. Freemasonry admits men of all religions. Freemasons believe in religious freedom and that the relationship between the individual and his God is personal, private and sacred.

SOURCE
Masonry is not a religion. He who makes of it a religious belief, falsifies and denaturalizes it.

Quote:
To forbid Christians from praying in the Name of their Lord and Savior.
You misunderstand. In the Lodge (Blue Lodge) we use generic terms as we have men of all faiths. We cannot elevate our own faith above another in the Lodge, but when we pray its to the individual Creator that they pray to. When I pray I'm praying to Christ.

Quote:
It is despicable about the race thing as well as the loss of limb thing.
I do deny what your "friend" said about black men. It is despicable and he has no authority to say that.

I am still curious as to what version of the Bible you read?