View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Master of the Lodge

Default Re: Are the Masons evil?

As for Jewish members, they can request during their ceremonies that the Torah sit in place.

Who are you to say how I refer to God? In Masonic terms that is how he is referenced, at least in the Blue Lodge.

Worshipful Master is a title given to the presiding officer of the Lodge. Worshipful is derived from Old English meaning "one worthy of respect". We actually don't worship him. One of my maintenance guys is a conspiracy theorist and he's accused (not asked) the Masons of all sorts of crazy things. I don't get angry, I usually laugh, which in turns pisses him off. I have no problem asking questions, I encourage it. I stay civil as long as the other person stays civil. I'm a member of a political forum and its filled with religion hating atheists and I'm on their constantly defending the Faith and Christ. Sometimes it gets down right vicious.

Nowhere in our oaths do we talk about entry into the Celestial Lodge above. One of our symbols talks about the Celestial Lodge above, but it does not say by our works alone or by being Freemasons do we gain entry into our individual version of Heaven.

According to Jesus our works do matter (Matthew 25:31-46). The people rewarded and punished are done so by their actions.

James 2:17 - "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

James 2:24 - "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

James 2:26 - "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

Matthew 7:20-21 - "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

The Bible clearly shows that works are needed and that faith alone cannot gain you into Heaven. By the works you do they must be done for pure reasons, not selfish ones though. The Bible warns against this as well for you will not be rewarded.

As for your secrecy verses:

Proverbs 11:13 - "A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter."

Proverbs 12:23 - "A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness."

Proverbs 25:9 - "Debate thy cause with thy neighbour himself; and discover not a secret to another:"