View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: The Battle For Your Mind

Thanks, TinaS. I was a victim of my own naive trust for so long, until I began looking behind the scenes and under the rocks. As it says in the lecture, experienced Christians tend to respond on a subconscious level to the practices and traditions of the Church and often dangerously suspend their critical faculties. I remember a little congregation in Portland, OR some years ago. It had all of the earmarks of a cult, and yet the pastor called the congregation the "True Church of Christ." Just being the Church of Christ wasn't hard-core enough for them. There was a lot of fear and guilt manipulation, which had many people emotionally and mentally paralized, including me. It was only by the grace of God that I was able to walk away. My eyes were opened that day. And don't forget that the best research into SRA in the country puts abuse incidents in the basements of churches at least 50% of the time. I find it hard to beleive that in all of these cases the staff of these churches are totally unaware. Let me know if you want some links or book titles.