View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 11:33 PM

Default Re: 11 Christians Facing 47 Years In Prison For Preaching The Scripture At Gay Pride Parade

You don't have to apologize, Lynne.
As I said, I was inviting this discussion, in order to bring some of these issues out in the open that have troubled and conflicted me for some time now.
Now, I may well be wrong about these Pink Angels protesting the gay protestors. They may well be sincere people of faith simply trying to interject a counter viewpoint, to wit, that being gay is not politically correct while traditional heterosexual values aren't (the subtle innuendo constantly driven home by the Satanists).
But I have legitimte qualms about these kinds of activities degenerating into a sideshow where both sides simply "mirror" each other in terms of intolerance and offensiveness. A lot of the militant Religous Right forces are controlled just as much as the ultra liberal types, and by the same global elitists. I am convinced of that.
For instance, look at how the government made their case against Fritz Springmeier. When they wanted to bring him up on bank robbery charges, they claimed to have found materials linking him to a militant, anarchist religious group called the Army of God (supposedly they even found ceramic body armor with an Army of God patch on the left shoulder; I know, time out for everyone to have a big belly laugh).
Further, we all have our hot button issues. For me it is obviously Freemasonry, since it has hurt myself and many other members of my immediate family deeply and personally. There may come a time when I will depend on you and others to rein me in when I delve too deeply into that subject matter.
I will simply say in closing that I think we as Christians and people of faith must be careful of the manner in which we address our criticisms and protests, taking care not to fall into any traps designed to convey an image of us as insensitive, narrowminded and intolerant. This was epitomized by the wisdom of Jesus as he dodged the minefield laid out for him by the Pharisees.
Merry Christmas to you as well.