View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Why do I believe that God exists and Christianity to be the only true

peace,

Quote: "What about Islam? Let's compare Jesus and His teachings to that of Muhammad. Jesus birth's was foretold in hundreds of prophecies. Muhammad has no prophecies foretelling his birth or mission. Jesus was miraculously born of a virgin. Muhammad, however, was born of the natural union of a human father and mother. Jesus lived a sinless life (2 Corinthians 5:21) and is considered sinless by the Quran (called an all-Righteous one). Muhammad, however was someone who needed forgiveness for his faults (sura 40:55, 41:19). Jesus performed many miracles to substantiate His claims (Luke 7:22), but nowhere in the Quran does it state that Muhammad performed any miracles. None of Jesus enemies could find any fault with Him, but even the Quran states that Muhammad took his son Zaid's wife from him (sura 33:36-38). Finally, Muhammad is dead today. His grave is in Medina. Jesus is alive forever. He rose from the dead and ascended to the right hand of the Father."

------------------------------

First there is a mistake in this part "the Quran states that Muhammad took his son Zaid's wife from him (sura 33:36-38)" perhaps if we read these verses we can know the truth:

[33:37] Recall that you said to the one who was blessed by GOD, and blessed by you, "Keep your wife and reverence GOD," and you hid inside yourself what GOD wished to proclaim. Thus, you feared the people, when you were supposed to fear only GOD. When Zeid was completely through with his wife, we had you marry her, in order to establish the precedent that a man can marry the divorced wife of his adopted son. GOD's commands shall be done.

Also Muhammad was prophesied in both the Torah and the Gospel,

"A prophet like me will the Lord, your God, raise up for you from among your kinsmen; to him you shall listen" [Deuteronomy 18:15]

As for Jesus being sinless and the perfect offering, it was the invention of the Jewish Paul who was raised on the Jewish false idea that the quality of the offering is what brings redemption (and not the reverence of God attached), later he came up with the idea that Jesus being the only male "son of God" was the perfect offering to carry the sins of all the Human beings. Thus he cancelled the law and invented the idea of free salvation (just by accepting Christ).

The truth is Jesus was sent to the Jews only to confirm the truths in the Torah and purify it of the satanic injections, later Paul took a distorted version of his teachings to the gentiles against his will.

I believe that there is no competition between God's prophets, they are all equal in the eyes of the true believer, any attempt to elevate one of them above the others is idol-worship and setting partners beside God.

[5:116] GOD will say, "O Jesus, son of Mary, did you say to the people, `Make me and my mother idols beside GOD?' " He will say, "Be You glorified. I could not utter what was not right. Had I said it, You already would have known it. You know my thoughts, and I do not know Your thoughts. You know all the secrets.

[5:117] "I told them only what You commanded me to say, that: `You shall worship GOD, my Lord and your Lord.' I was a witness among them for as long as I lived with them. When You terminated my life on earth, You became the Watcher over them. You witness all things.

The truth is there was always one religion, Submission, the religion of our father Abraham, we shall all follow it and keep the covenant with God, by leading a righetous life based on belief in God alone, only then we can be redeemed and join the kingdom of Heaven.

[3:64] Say, "O followers of the scripture, let us come to a logical agreement between us and you: that we shall not worship except GOD; that we never set up any idols besides Him, nor set up any human beings as lords beside GOD." If they turn away, say, "Bear witness that we are submitters."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[3:19] The only religion approved by GOD is \"Submission.\"...