Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Unexplainable Discussions > Out of this World Discussions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-26-2010, 02:52 PM
The Poet The Poet is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 34
Default Aliens May Exist But Contact Would Hurt Humans; Hawkings


LONDON (AFP) – Aliens may exist but mankind should avoid contact with them as the consequences could be devastating, British scientist Stephen Hawking warned Sunday.
"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," said the astrophysicist in a new television series, according to British media reports.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100425/sc_afp


So what do you think?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-26-2010, 05:46 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: Aliens May Exist But Contact Would Hurt Humans; Hawkings

As if Hawkings has any more of a clue as to whether or not aliens exist than my next door neighbor does, but, apparently, he knows what the outcome will be if they do exist and visit planet earth.

He WARNS that we shouldn't have any contact with them.

Huh?

He WARNS.

What shall we do?

Ignore them and, hopefully, they'll go back to wherever they came from?

Since when is Hawkings' the ET expert?

His analogy between ET's, Columbus and the Native Americans is quite strange to say the least.

Almost like he's blaming the demise of the Native American tribes on the fact that THEY made contact with COLUMBUS.

Again, huh?

Oh, I see.

If aliens visit planet earth, just don't have contact with them and they won't rob us of our land; wipe out most of the human species and send those of us remaining to live on reservations.

This is the reason that most of the Native Americans were wiped out.

They made contact with Columbus, according to Hawking.

But, what if the Aliens have contact with us?

Obviously, the same scenario as I depicted above.

Thanks, Stephen, I'll take your advice into consideration.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 04-26-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-29-2010, 01:16 PM
writer1981 writer1981 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
Default Re: Aliens May Exist But Contact Would Hurt Humans; Hawkings

I quite like some of Stephen Hawkings theories although I think he's totally wrong about this one.

It's more likely we would attack the aliens than they attack us. We can't last 100 years without a major world war. As a race we are always killing each other over materialistic items, land or for simply dominance over another nation(s).

Hawking makes us sound like we are totally helpless but there is no doubt that few space based nuclear bombs could quite easily destroy an alien mothership regardless of how advanced they are. Unless of course they could phase out of our dimensional reality while the nuclear explosion occurs.

I personally think the reason why no aliens visit us is because Humanity has most likely from the aliens point of view have a historical reputation for extreme violence, greed and cruelty. I think before aliens visit us we need to mature more. We are just seem still too much like educated savages.

I think Stephen Hawking needs to lay off watching all those Hollywood alien sci fi movies that involve aliens killing and/or taking over the earth. It's starting to influence his thinking and not in a good way.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-29-2010, 06:25 PM
FallaciesAbound FallaciesAbound is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 125
Default Re: Aliens May Exist But Contact Would Hurt Humans; Hawkings

One thing that even a cursory study of history shows, is that when two factions meet for the first time, unless they are reasonably balanced in technology and skill, the weaker society will be wiped out. The chances of any alien society being more advanced AND benevolent seems unlikely, since they will have had to have grown up in competitive conditions just like we have.

I agree that Hawking is probably not the best person to answer a question like that, but that is the wonderful world of science reporting these days. Most science writers don't have a clue as to what they are talking about and are just passing through on their career path.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-29-2010, 09:13 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: Aliens May Exist But Contact Would Hurt Humans; Hawkings

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
One thing that even a cursory study of history shows, is that when two factions meet for the first time, unless they are reasonably balanced in technology and skill, the weaker society will be wiped out. The chances of any alien society being more advanced AND benevolent seems unlikely, since they will have had to have grown up in competitive conditions just like we have.

I agree that Hawking is probably not the best person to answer a question like that, but that is the wonderful world of science reporting these days. Most science writers don't have a clue as to what they are talking about and are just passing through on their career path.
I have no clue why you are of the opinion that the chances of an "alien" society being more advanced than we are is unlikely.

Care to back up your opinion with "scientific" facts?

Didn't think so.

Because, obviously, scientific facts about aliens do not exist and netiher do any "scientific" facts exist regarding whether or not they are more advanced than we are.

Speculation is all that exists regarding ET's.

If, as you believe, an alien society had to grow up in competitive conditions just as we have, what makes you believe they did not prevail in being more advanced than we are?

P.S. Hawkings is not the best person to answer any question about ET's and neither is anyone else on Planet Earth.

Reason?

Because there isn't anyone on Planet Earth who knows anything about ET's other than what has been "scientically" speculated which does not include FACT.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 04-29-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-30-2010, 05:22 AM
superted superted is offline
Hyper M0derator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 276
Default Re: Aliens May Exist But Contact Would Hurt Humans; Hawkings

Blueangel, re-read FallaciesAbound's post.

"more advanced AND benevolent"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:34 AM
FallaciesAbound FallaciesAbound is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 125
Default Re: Aliens May Exist But Contact Would Hurt Humans; Hawkings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
I have no clue why you are of the opinion that the chances of an "alien" society being more advanced than we are is unlikely.

Care to back up your opinion with "scientific" facts?

Didn't think so.

Because, obviously, scientific facts about aliens do not exist and netiher do any "scientific" facts exist regarding whether or not they are more advanced than we are.

Speculation is all that exists regarding ET's.

If, as you believe, an alien society had to grow up in competitive conditions just as we have, what makes you believe they did not prevail in being more advanced than we are?

P.S. Hawkings is not the best person to answer any question about ET's and neither is anyone else on Planet Earth.

Reason?

Because there isn't anyone on Planet Earth who knows anything about ET's other than what has been "scientically" speculated which does not include FACT.
Reading comprehension is not your thing is it BA? I said that the combination of being more scientifically advanced AND, I repeat, AND benevolent seems unlikely. The combination of the two. Get it now?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-08-2010, 02:57 PM
TheSecondGunman TheSecondGunman is offline
Elite Conspiracy Theorist
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2
Question Re: Aliens May Exist But Contact Would Hurt Humans; Hawkings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
I have no clue why you are of the opinion that the chances of an "alien" society being more advanced than we are is unlikely.

Care to back up your opinion with "scientific" facts?

Didn't think so.

Because, obviously, scientific facts about aliens do not exist and netiher do any "scientific" facts exist regarding whether or not they are more advanced than we are.

Speculation is all that exists regarding ET's.

If, as you believe, an alien society had to grow up in competitive conditions just as we have, what makes you believe they did not prevail in being more advanced than we are?

P.S. Hawkings is not the best person to answer any question about ET's and neither is anyone else on Planet Earth.

Reason?

Because there isn't anyone on Planet Earth who knows anything about ET's other than what has been "scientically" speculated which does not include FACT.
Who says secret government people haven't got information we don't? maybe they do know something about ET's and don't let on?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-15-2011, 08:01 PM
kerry's Avatar
kerry kerry is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 388
Default Re: Aliens May Exist But Contact Would Hurt Humans; Hawkings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
As if Hawkings has any more of a clue as to whether or not aliens exist than my next door neighbor does, but, apparently, he knows what the outcome will be if they do exist and visit planet earth.

He WARNS that we shouldn't have any contact with them.

Huh?

He WARNS.

What shall we do?

Ignore them and, hopefully, they'll go back to wherever they came from?

Since when is Hawkings' the ET expert?

His analogy between ET's, Columbus and the Native Americans is quite strange to say the least.

Almost like he's blaming the demise of the Native American tribes on the fact that THEY made contact with COLUMBUS.

Again, huh?

Oh, I see.

If aliens visit planet earth, just don't have contact with them and they won't rob us of our land; wipe out most of the human species and send those of us remaining to live on reservations.

This is the reason that most of the Native Americans were wiped out.

They made contact with Columbus, according to Hawking.

But, what if the Aliens have contact with us?

Obviously, the same scenario as I depicted above.

Thanks, Stephen, I'll take your advice into consideration.

mmmm i think hawkings ment things like Germs or disease. a moon rock was found to have some kind of micro life form on it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-20-2010, 05:41 PM
cbluemagica's Avatar
cbluemagica cbluemagica is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Time. within, and throughout. i was, i will be, there for so i am.
Posts: 55
Send a message via Yahoo to cbluemagica
Default Re: Aliens May Exist But Contact Would Hurt Humans; Hawkings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
LONDON (AFP) Aliens may exist but mankind should avoid contact with them as the consequences could be devastating, British scientist Stephen Hawking warned Sunday.
"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," said the astrophysicist in a new television series, according to British media reports.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100425/sc_afp


So what do you think?
i think? no i know! wouldnt you like to?
__________________
]bEhold[_-^-_]Myskull[
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.