Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > The media
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2010, 04:27 PM

Default wait..............so who can we trust?

I happened to stumble upon this forum as i was researching different media personalities and it seems to me that there is not one person in the alternative media that has been discredited or demonised in one way or another.
Whether they've been called a zionist shill, or disinfo agent, gov. agent etc, it certainly seems as though people who are genuinely seeking the truth have to wade through a minefield to find out who can or can't be trusted.

I think all of us need to be cautious and not simply accept what anyone says even if they do present themselves as genuine truth seekers, but do our own research before we accept anything as truth and until we can back up what they say through our own research.

What are your thoughts?

Old 12-26-2010, 05:53 AM
Free Member

Default Re: wait..............so who can we trust?

Just because someone is searching for the truth, doesn't mean they've actually found it.

Here is a very good quote, from a professor, can't remember who, but one from the bob brown / holy blood, holy grail documentaries.......

'I neither believe, nor disbelieve....I either know, or don't know'.

I like that saying. In essence, it doesn't matter what you believe. It's what you are certain of. What you know to be true.

I agree, you should always do your own research...but most of what you will see, is others works, not your own.

So, if you live by the rule...it's either you know, or don't know.....you come to realise onegreat thing.....you don't KNOW shit.

The REAL truth...........the ONLY truth....is inside you
Old 12-26-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHIMself™ View Post
Just because someone is searching for the truth, doesn't mean they've actually found it.

Here is a very good quote, from a professor, can't remember who, but one from the bob brown / holy blood, holy grail documentaries.......

'I neither believe, nor disbelieve....I either know, or don't know'.

I like that saying. In essence, it doesn't matter what you believe. It's what you are certain of. What you know to be true.

I agree, you should always do your own research...but most of what you will see, is others works, not your own.

So, if you live by the rule...it's either you know, or don't know.....you come to realise onegreat thing.....you don't KNOW shit.

The REAL truth...........the ONLY truth....is inside you
I agree, and that is very distinctive the way you put that. Very good!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHIMself™ View Post
In essence, it doesn't matter what you believe. It's what you are certain of. What you know to be true.

Naturally everything that you read or hear will be the works of others, but i think when its a matter of discerning fact from fiction, one has to look for the evidence or proof of any claim, and when it is found we can in fact be certain that was has been asserted is in fact the truth.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:43 PM

Sorry, but, I nor anyone else can tell you whom you can trust.

That is something you must ascertain for yourself.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Sorry, but, I nor anyone else can tell you whom you can trust.

That is something you must ascertain for yourself.
The question i posed was merely rhetorical, i am fully aware that one must "ascertain" for themselves the answer to this question. I did not expect somebody to reply saying "Well i believe so and so is entirely trustworthy and speaks the undeniable truth" so therefore you should believe eveything he says, that of course is just blatant naivety.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOrbid_Desire View Post
The question i posed was merely rhetorical, i am fully aware that one must "ascertain" for themselves the answer to this question. I did not expect somebody to reply saying "Well i believe so and so is entirely trustworthy and speaks the undeniable truth" so therefore you should believe eveything he says, that of course is just blatant naivety.
So, then what did you expect as an answer to your rehtorical question?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:21 PM

The reason i started this thread was to provoke a discussion into why people will believe or put so much faith into what the alternative media personalities have to say, and on what basis are they to be believed.

As the previous poster stated, Just because someone claims to be a truth seeker, it doesnt mean that they are genuinely seeking the truth.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOrbid_Desire View Post
The reason i started this thread was to provoke a discussion into why people will believe or put so much faith into what the alternative media personalities have to say, and on what basis are they to be believed.

As the previous poster stated, Just because someone claims to be a truth seeker, it doesnt mean that they are genuinely seeking the truth.
What alternative media personalities?

Last edited by BlueAngel : 12-26-2010 at 08:28 PM.