Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > The media
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-24-2010, 04:27 PM
MOrbid_Desire MOrbid_Desire is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12
Default wait..............so who can we trust?


I happened to stumble upon this forum as i was researching different media personalities and it seems to me that there is not one person in the alternative media that has been discredited or demonised in one way or another.
Whether they've been called a zionist shill, or disinfo agent, gov. agent etc, it certainly seems as though people who are genuinely seeking the truth have to wade through a minefield to find out who can or can't be trusted.

I think all of us need to be cautious and not simply accept what anyone says even if they do present themselves as genuine truth seekers, but do our own research before we accept anything as truth and until we can back up what they say through our own research.

What are your thoughts?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-26-2010, 05:53 AM
iHIMself™ iHIMself™ is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 134
Default Re: wait..............so who can we trust?

Just because someone is searching for the truth, doesn't mean they've actually found it.

Here is a very good quote, from a professor, can't remember who, but one from the bob brown / holy blood, holy grail documentaries.......


'I neither believe, nor disbelieve....I either know, or don't know'.


I like that saying. In essence, it doesn't matter what you believe. It's what you are certain of. What you know to be true.

I agree, you should always do your own research...but most of what you will see, is others works, not your own.

So, if you live by the rule...it's either you know, or don't know.....you come to realise onegreat thing.....you don't KNOW shit.

The REAL truth...........the ONLY truth....is inside you
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-26-2010, 08:58 AM
theconspiracist's Avatar
theconspiracist theconspiracist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Far inside the darkest corners of your mind.
Posts: 230
Default Re: wait..............so who can we trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHIMself™ View Post
Just because someone is searching for the truth, doesn't mean they've actually found it.

Here is a very good quote, from a professor, can't remember who, but one from the bob brown / holy blood, holy grail documentaries.......


'I neither believe, nor disbelieve....I either know, or don't know'.


I like that saying. In essence, it doesn't matter what you believe. It's what you are certain of. What you know to be true.

I agree, you should always do your own research...but most of what you will see, is others works, not your own.

So, if you live by the rule...it's either you know, or don't know.....you come to realise onegreat thing.....you don't KNOW shit.

The REAL truth...........the ONLY truth....is inside you
I agree, and that is very distinctive the way you put that. Very good!
__________________
tHe cOnSpIrAcIsT: Never assume the obvious.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-26-2010, 06:04 PM
MOrbid_Desire MOrbid_Desire is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: wait..............so who can we trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHIMself™ View Post
In essence, it doesn't matter what you believe. It's what you are certain of. What you know to be true.

I agree, you should always do your own research...but most of what you will see, is others works, not your own.
Naturally everything that you read or hear will be the works of others, but i think when its a matter of discerning fact from fiction, one has to look for the evidence or proof of any claim, and when it is found we can in fact be certain that was has been asserted is in fact the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-26-2010, 06:43 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: wait..............so who can we trust?

Sorry, but, I nor anyone else can tell you whom you can trust.

That is something you must ascertain for yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-26-2010, 07:46 PM
MOrbid_Desire MOrbid_Desire is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: wait..............so who can we trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Sorry, but, I nor anyone else can tell you whom you can trust.

That is something you must ascertain for yourself.
The question i posed was merely rhetorical, i am fully aware that one must "ascertain" for themselves the answer to this question. I did not expect somebody to reply saying "Well i believe so and so is entirely trustworthy and speaks the undeniable truth" so therefore you should believe eveything he says, that of course is just blatant naivety.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-26-2010, 07:59 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: wait..............so who can we trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOrbid_Desire View Post
The question i posed was merely rhetorical, i am fully aware that one must "ascertain" for themselves the answer to this question. I did not expect somebody to reply saying "Well i believe so and so is entirely trustworthy and speaks the undeniable truth" so therefore you should believe eveything he says, that of course is just blatant naivety.
So, then what did you expect as an answer to your rehtorical question?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-26-2010, 08:21 PM
MOrbid_Desire MOrbid_Desire is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: wait..............so who can we trust?

The reason i started this thread was to provoke a discussion into why people will believe or put so much faith into what the alternative media personalities have to say, and on what basis are they to be believed.

As the previous poster stated, Just because someone claims to be a truth seeker, it doesnt mean that they are genuinely seeking the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-26-2010, 08:22 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: wait..............so who can we trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOrbid_Desire View Post
The reason i started this thread was to provoke a discussion into why people will believe or put so much faith into what the alternative media personalities have to say, and on what basis are they to be believed.

As the previous poster stated, Just because someone claims to be a truth seeker, it doesnt mean that they are genuinely seeking the truth.
What alternative media personalities?

Last edited by BlueAngel : 12-26-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.