Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > New World Order > Resistance is not futile
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Katrina Educates World On Need For Owning Guns

Katrina educates world
on need for owning guns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: September 13, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Erich Pratt
2005 WorldNetDaily.com

"All our operators are busy right now. Please remain on the line and an operator will be with you shortly. Your call is important to us."

Can you imagine any words more horrifying after dialing 9-1-1? Your life's in danger, but there's no one available to help you.

For several days, life was absolutely terrifying for many New Orleans residents who got stranded in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. There were no operators ... there were no phone calls being handled.

Heck, there was no 9-1-1. Even if the phone lines had been working, there were no police officers waiting to be dispatched.

Hundreds of New Orleans police officers had fled the city. Some took their badges and threw them out the windows of their cars as they sped away. Others participated in the looting of the city.

To be sure, there are many officers who have acted honorably. Many have given their best effort to apprehend dangerous thugs, even while grieving the loss of their own family members.

But thousands of residents were trapped inside a city, forced to fend for their own safety and well-being.

"It was pandemonium for a couple of nights," said Charlie Hackett, a New Orleans resident. "We just felt that when they got done with the stores, they'd come to the homes."

Hackett was right ... which is why he and his neighbor, John Carolan, stood guard over their homes to ward off looters who, rummaging through the neighborhoods, were smashing windows and ransacking stores.

Armed looters did eventually come to Carolan's house and demanded his generator. But Carolan showed them his gun and they left.

No wonder, then, that gun stores which weren't under water were selling firearms at a record pace to people looking to defend themselves. "I've got people like you wouldn't believe, lots of people, coming in and buying handguns," said Briley Reed, the assistant manager of the E-Z Pawn store in Baton Rouge.

"I've even had soldiers coming in here buying guns," Reed said.

Indeed, firearms were the hottest commodity in the days following the massive destruction. In Gulfport, Miss., Ron Roland, 51, used his firearm to stop looters from rummaging through his storm-damaged property.

Roland and his son even performed a citizen's arrest on one plunderer and then warned future thieves by posting the following message in his yard: "NO TRESPASSERS! ARMED HOMEOWNERS."

Signs like this were common throughout the Gulf Coast region in the days following Katrina. And it should serve as a reminder to us that the police can't always be there to protect us.

We should have learned this lesson more than a decade ago when the entire country saw horrifying images during the Los Angeles riots of 1992.

For several days, that city was in complete turmoil as stores were looted and burned. Motorists were dragged from their cars and beaten.

Further aggravating the situation, police were very slow in responding to the crisis. Many Guardsmen, after being mobilized to the affected areas, sat by and watched the violence because their rifles were low on ammunition.

But not everybody in Los Angeles suffered. In some of the hot spots, Korean merchants were able to successfully protect their stores with semi-automatic firearms.

In areas where armed citizens banded together for self-protection, their businesses were spared, while others (which were left unprotected) burned to the ground.

Press reports described how life-long gun-control supporters were even running to gun stores to buy an item they never thought they would need a gun. Tragically, they were surprised (and outraged!) to learn there was a 15-day waiting period for firearms.

Fast forward more than a decade: It seems we still haven't learned the lessons from previous tragedies. Rather than arming the poor, defenseless survivors who are stranded in New Orleans, Police Superintendent Edwin Compass III has actually ordered the very opposite the confiscation of legally-owned firearms!

These guns were the only thing that prevented good people from becoming victims in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

But now, will the police superintendent provide 24-hour, round-the-clock protection for each of these disarmed families? Will he make himself personally liable for anyone who is injured or killed as a result of being prevented from defending himself or his family?

When your life is in danger, you don't want to rely on a police force that is stretched way too thin. And the last thing you want to hear when you call 9-1-1 is: "All our operators are busy right now ..."

That might just be the last thing you ever hear.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Katrina Educates World On Need For Owning Guns

Stories like this should knock some sense into anyone who still believes in gun control.
Archie Bunker was right...if you want to stop skyjackings, arm the passengers.
If that were the case, how could the public ever have been sold on the phony 9/11 scenario? :-o
Old 09-14-2005, 08:03 PM

Is everything easy? Is every issue black and white? I suspect not. Absolutely forces for good need to always be organized and vigilant. If that were the case Dubya and his goons would not be in power twice, let alone once.

The Illuminati likes violence, the more the merrier for them. Perhaps things have gotten out of control in the US, and perhaps that is very old news.

If every one had a gun in the airplane... the criminal takes a hostage, and maybe someone near the criminal gets killed by someone with a poor shot. The problem as I see it with guns is that they are offensive primarily. You try to protect your family by killing the intruder, except maybe he's a better shot or has the first shot.

Ultimately I guess, the gun issue is a mini version of Mutual Assured Destruction with nuclear weapons. And arguing for one proves the folly of the other. The problem as I see it for me 'packing heat', is that just about any goon would see me as a potential threat.

If you find yourself in a situation akin to anarchy like the Wild West then by all means apply yourself 24/7 to the miltary defense of your family. But admit that's where you have come to and stop shopping at the mall and watching Hollywood movies. I lived most of my life never having to worry about guns and it's a much better life than gun control advocates are dreaming of.

I recognize that anti-NWO folk see the gun control issue as a campaign of the NWO, and maybe it is. After all they just let things slide, and push a little, and then presto another crisis. I suggest that a NWO free way of life is one where citizens can acculturate to policing their own somehow. Guns are deadly, and the problem they bring never seems to go away does it?
Old 09-14-2005, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Guns are deadly, and the problem they bring never seems to go away does it?
Not having guns when others do who mean to do you harm is even more deadly.
I'm not a man of violence, either, and I don't "pack heat" as a course of my daily routine. But there is no doubt in my mind that eventually the situation will arise where every man and women in this world will have to defend themselves physically -- probably from their own government.
Of course, I was being a bit facetious with the Archie Bunker analogy -- but not entirely. What happened to the ideas of sky marshalls or arming flight crews that were originally bandied about after 9/11? Many other countries have already adopted these guidelines, but the lesson we Americans seem to have been taught by 9/11 is that only government needs to arm itself more lethally.
Yes, the Illuminati like violence and hatred and above all fear. But they are also cowards, and I have never yet seen them engage in anything resembling a fair fight. They prey on the weak and vulnerable.
So don't be weak and vulnerable. That's all I'm saying.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:55 PM

I don't agree with "everyone get a gun."

Just want they want!

Don't you see that?

Arm ourselves to fight who? THEM???

NOT!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 05:30 PM

GUNS KILL!! You betcha, especially if your aim is good. The day they don't I will dismantle mine and buy knives.

From childhood I was taught to respect firearms, they were not toys and were forbidden to be touched. They were kept safely out of reach. As I grew up, my Father taught me gun safety, how to shoot and clean/maintain firearms.

He was the most kind and gentle man I have ever known but he was a realist. He knew that the police could not be everywhere at one time in cases of emergency. Under optimum conditions their response time is such that you can be killed many times over by an armed intruder or assailant.

He was a veteran of World War II, serving in the Medical Corp. but he hated war, never once refering to WWII as "the good war," believing that there was no such thing.

He believed, as do I, that the greatest threat to our freedom would come from our own government and not some invading force. My love of History was another of his legacies; repeatedly it has proven him to be right in so many of his beliefs.

Where guns are concerned, it is better to have them and not need them than it is to need them and not have them.

Without the Second Amendment, all the others can and ultimately will evaporate and disappear like the dew on a summer morning.