Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > What is really going on? > War on Terror Charade
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2005, 02:35 AM

Default From the Ministry of the bleeding obvious

Was driving long distance today, and listening to the radio.

A caller called in to state that they were able to buy a glass bottle of beer on a domestic flight, and that given the security checks that they went through to get onto the flight, they thought it strange that the typical "down and dirty" pub brawl weapon of choice was actually issued to airline passengers for a fee.

It was a homeresque "DOH!!" moment for me, having seen the media bleating about how undetectable "ceramic" knives could be.

Anyway, another guy rang in and pointed out that on internation flights, he's always had his "duty free" gear in the luggage locker, replete with whisky bottles which have an even better handle than Crownie bottles.

Funny that this all started with a couple of stanley knives, and a most obvious weapon is issued to passengers.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: From the Ministry of the bleeding obvious

I simply dont bother trying to work it all out.

Just opt out. Then your common sense brain faculties will not be brutalized by such common idiocy that surrounds us these days.

Case in point. 4 coppers were booking people for crossing against the light near the Perth train station. He pulled me up after I crossed without a car in sight just down the road slightly. He gave me the speil and I just nodded and said nothing handing him my drivers license. I could have said.."hav'nt you got real crims to catch?" and so on...but I simply said nothing but "mmm mmm" and did not respond to him...just gave him my details. He gave me a warning instead. He knew that I knew that he was a stupid idiot. As I was'nt playing the game and simply now expect bullshit where ever I go I find things go along a little easier.

Also, i now have concrete plans for getting out and I simply cant be bothered arguing any more. Let them eat cake.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:10 AM

Default Re: From the Ministry of the bleeding obvious

Is that Perth "East Melbourne" ?

I (used to) love watching New Years eve here.

15 year old girls spewing in the gutter, while the cops try to pick them up (not for underage drinking). Teenage boys putting bungers in glass bottles and running.

Guess that it fits, really