Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2005, 12:53 PM

Default The Army Again

Well it happened last night. "Sgt. Blowhardt" called and asked for my daughter. This took me completely off guard, pushed all of my rightous anger buttons and launched me into the completely incoherent rage stage. I said "I have two words for you, depleted uranium". He then predictably replied Uh huh, what? Then I said "you ain't getting my daughter" and I then hung up the phone. Later I began to ponder all of the other things I could have said.
Why should I support my daughter going into the military? Well it's patriotic.
Yeah but the United States is dead, didn't you hear?
Well yeah, we arrest six year olds, taser grandmothers and nine year olds. We pay 50% of our income to the government so they can give it to Dick's company for work not performed while our economy is about to collapse.
Even from a purely business point of view America is on a downhill slide just like the product life cycle curve. Would you invest in a company that makes 8 track players?
Then Sarge might say "But we are offering college tuition assistance of 20,000 dollars".
Ya, so what, that ain't getting her into a real school and that depends on if, and this is a really big if, she actually gets out of the military when you people say she will. I doubt it.
Then he might say "I can't believe you feel nothing for your country".
Ya, well it ain't my country anymore, it belongs to George and all his other yuppie assholes.
So I told both of my daughters that if they call again just give me the phone. I want another opportunity. Maybe next time I can control the fury.

Old 02-12-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: The Army Again

Good dad!
Old 02-12-2005, 06:08 PM

As someone who was formerely a guinepig in the military, I whole-heartedly agree with Minuteman's POV. Most people in service are blind worshipers of the State. I feel sorry for the ones in, who aren't. :roll: int: :-? int: :-o :evil:
:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 02-12-2005, 09:01 PM

Go Minuteman.

It's always frustrating that after you hang up the phone all the things you wanted to say come to your mind.

Try being really calm next time and going..."wow that sounds really interesting, my daughter is'nt here at the moment perhaps you could explain a few things to me...when my daughter comes home limbless, will the V.A hospital pay all expenses"?

Be really calm and serious about it.

"Oh and what about if she's brain damaged from shrapnel or a stray bullet? Will the V.A pay up for all physical therapy for the next several years"?

"Hmmm, i was also wondering about Psychiatrist bills, what with seeing Iraqi's and fellow soldiers blown to bits, will their be full payment and for how long"?

You could go on forever. The key is to be really serious on the phone.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:27 AM

Don't you hate it when you don't say something right the first time? I hate it when that happens. :-P
Old 02-13-2005, 06:43 AM

Thats what they invented redial for. 8-)