Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Churchianity BS- Yeah buddy! :-D

I created this thread with the intention of shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaring with everyone the bullshit I must endure every week at church. A little background info first: I attend one of those Rick Warren satellite churches which is basically a copycat of all his shit over at his Saddleback (sadlecrack) church. Doctrine wise, it's ecumenical as fuck and is heavily into that fucking bullshit "prosperity" shit too. Anyways, The pastor at the church I attend is one of those guys you could've sworn works at a used car lot when he ain't preachin'. Today's message was more the same of "prosperity" shit on tithing and offering so you will be richly blessed which is a propaganda scheme to grow the church. If any happy church goers out their have had this shit happen to you before too, feel free to comment. :-P

:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 11-05-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Churchianity BS- Yeah buddy! :-D

While we're talking prosperity doctrine, didn't Christ say to that rich dude, "get rid of all your posessions, deny yourself to the world and follow me"?
:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 11-06-2005, 10:36 AM

Quote:
nohope187 wrote:
While we're talking prosperity doctrine, didn't Christ say to that rich dude, "get rid of all your posessions, deny yourself to the world and follow me"?

You cited the perfect response for those that

preach the prosperity gospel.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:43 PM

What is The Ecclesia?
Is It A Church? Is It A Cult? Is It Important?
Part Two of Three
By Ben Williams

"...the house (i.e. domain) of God, which is the ecclesia of the Living God, the pillar and ground of the truth." (I Timothy 3:15)
Churches are proving grounds for religious tricksters, con artists and politicians. Churches thrive on greed and superstition. They prey upon the gullible. CHURCH IS THE GREAT AMERICAN IDOL, AND CHURCHGOERS ARE IDOLATERS.

Some of us have suspected, for a long time, that something was terribly wrong with the church system. Now I understand why I felt uneasy about it.

The answer has to do with the word "church" itself. "Church" is the English word used (by the churches) to replace the Greek word "ECCLESIA," in the English Bible versions. But "ecclesia" means something altogether different from "church." Somewhere, somehow, the wrong word was inserted and the right word was discarded -- hid under the rug.

Why was this done? How long has this error been with us? The answer is a study in logic and history. More:
http://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/ecclesia/ecclesia2of3.shtml
Old 11-05-2005, 11:58 PM

THE PROSPERITY GOSPEL OF GREED
BY RYAN HICKS

It is becoming evident today that much of what is taught as "prosperity teaching" is nothing more than greed and self-centeredness. I have heard an untold number of stories of the greedy "prospering" and claiming God blessed them. Let me digress a little by saying that the Bible does plainly teach prosperity for the child of God, but what is said to be prosperity teaching today is nothing more than using Scripture to cover up greed and love of money.

People are busy buying luxury cars, clothes, watches, etc. all in an effort to look like they "believe" God more than the poor saint. This is abominable and the sign of being unregenerate. There is a passage in 1 Timothy that I want to deal with because it is ignored by so many and the implications are of eternal significance to those Satan tricks into serving mammon under the guise of faith and biblical prosperity.
More:
http://www.ryanhicksministries.com/prosperitygospel.htm
Old 11-06-2005, 03:42 AM

nohope, may I ask why you even go to church?

I remember that feeling I had as a child when I went to 'sunday school' with the other kids and learned about the wonderful Christ. I loved it. Or did I just love the juice and cookies and interaction with other kids? I forget, anyways, as I got older my natural rebellious years interfered with the teacher's ability for patience and understanding and God suddenly became unforgiving and I was terrified. That's when I left the earthly church and had to learn like 'the prodigal son' that the Father always has understanding though other members of the 'house' do not. I'm part of the true church wether I go or not and wether others deem me a worthy member or not. Thank God.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:08 AM

nohope...check
www.cuttingedge.org
they have an extensive anaysis of the Rick warren church movement. It is a totally wrong doctrine that dilutes the true gospel, with lots of new age influence.
Get away from that church and find a smaller one that really follows Christ, with true Christian brothers, a.s.a.p.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:24 AM

Seems like the Anthony Robbins version of gospel