Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2005, 11:39 AM

Default The Divinci Code with another twist

Although the premise is that Jesus survived the crucifixion and had offspring with Mary Magdaline, one also needs to ask if there couldn't have been another fork in the road not yet explored, this being if God the father enabled Jesus's mother to be with child by way of spirit, is it reasonable to explore that Jesus may have also performed in the same manner giving Mary Magdaline his seed by spirit?
I guess one could ask, What Would Jesus Do?

Old 12-05-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: The Divinci Code with another twist

This is just a thought. Jesus could have been married according to the customs of the day and have fully known his wife in all ways without her becoming pregnant. How would this in anyway change his teachings. I like Jesus and I believe he is the CHRIST and there I will stay also everything that is said about Jesus and is thought to be so modern was said to his face. The nay sayers today, just repeat the same accusations that were made directly to CHRIST. If we last another 2000 years CHRIST will still be remembered, but the nay sayers, forgotten dust.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:13 PM

Why do most christians think it blasphemous to think Jesus survived, do they need this as their cornerstone of their beliefs?
Personally I would like to think that he was allowed to live out his life with someone he loved, he submitted to be crucified, that was his gift to mankind, not whether he died or not, he didn't need to be a martyr, to save mankind, atleast thats how my thinking goes.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:20 PM

It's OK because if personal comfort is what you seek then believe what you want. "There is no forgiveness without the shedding of blood . . " and so as in Isaiah even though the dailiy sacrifices in the Temple were for guilt atonement, the perfect sacrifice was Jesus to consummate the New Covenant. He had to die, and he had to take our sins with him just like he was the guilty one.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Torchlithill wrote:
Why do most christians think it blasphemous to think Jesus survived, do they need this as their cornerstone of their beliefs?
Personally I would like to think that he was allowed to live out his life with someone he loved, he submitted to be crucified, that was his gift to mankind, not whether he died or not, he didn't need to be a martyr, to save mankind, atleast thats how my thinking goes.
If Jesus didn't die at the cross, the whole of Christianity would make NO sense. That's why new agers like Dan Brown try to create the absurd theory that He married Magdalene.

It is interesting that Peter, led by Satan, tried to convince Jesus that He didn't have to die. Peter then took one of the worst rebukes Jesus ever gave someone:

Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
Mat 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Dying for our sins was the main objective of Christ's coming. Not the teachings, not to be a role model. He came to die, so thru his sacrifice we could be forgiven. A perfect, sinless man was sacrificed for the sinners. That's the whole idea. That's why the Jews had to sacrifice lambs at the Temple before Christ...it was a model, an example for what Jesus would do.

It is not the pain and the suffering that paid the penalty of sin, it was the blood and the death.
Jesus made it very clear !!!

It is our pride that blocks our receiving of such a gift. If we stop and think: boy, that was an amazing thing that God did, coming here and dying in that awful way for me...we should go down on our knees in gratitude and relief that it was not us who were there at that cross. But no...we still feel more comfortable if somehow we merit our salvation. Pride, pride...that's what gnosticism is all about.

Some passages that show the need of Christ's death clearly:

Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
Joh 12:33 This he (Jesus) said, signifying what death he should die.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Th 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Heb 10:12 But this man (Jesus), after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;