Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > New World Order > Other NWO topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2006, 03:19 PM

Default Deputy Dog.

07-30-2005, 01:05 PM #1
DeputyDog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got home from work, and I am so on edge and frustrated that I could cry..and I'm not a crying kind of girl. I work as a corrections officer in a small town in Tennessee. My job is exceptionally demanding and stressful!!!! I'm not even complaining about the endless strip searching of 200-300 pound crack ho's or the constant threats coming from inmates, I'm not worried about the crappy pay that my college degree is earning me. What I am complaining about is much more serious. I work with 5 guys and one other girl; there are about 300 inmates currently in our jail. A huge part of a corrections officer’s job is the booking process, since everyone coming in jail has to be booked in and everyone going out has to be released. This is a long process and can be very frustrating while dealing with drunks that can't stand up, or meth heads that make your nose burn and eyes itch. I have been working in the jail for about three months and it gets worse and worse every time I go back in and start another shift. My Sgt. is a chauvinistic sexist pig!!!!!!! He decided tonight that the women would do all the booking from now on. He and the other males were all laughing and having a grand ole time throughout the night while me and the other female officer were working our fingers to the bone. I have never felt so worthless in my life. At one point in the night I noticed while checking the cameras throughout the jail that one male corrections officer was in the back taking a nap. How is this possible? I feel like I stepped back into time tonight about 20 or 30 years. After awhile one of the male officers set down at the desk and started to help, since the road officers were bringing them in faster than we could get them booked, he was then told by my Sgt. "What are you doing, get up from there and let the women do it." I know that this behavior is wrong but in such a male dominated profession what are my options. Should I refuse to book in more than my fair share of people and leave the rest until one of the males is forced to do it? I thought about going off tonight and telling my Sgt to find himself another secretary but then it would just put more work on my other female coworker when he tells me to go home. I'm just steaming over this.......please tell me what to think how to react to this!!!!

DeputyDog
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DeputyDog
Send email to DeputyDog
Find More Posts by DeputyDog
Add DeputyDog to Your Buddy List

07-30-2005, 11:23 PM #2
Winglover

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't tell you what to do but I would write a complaint to someone higher than your Sgt. It might cause you a alot of trouble but this behavior is unacceptable.
Just hang in there and do the right thing by changing it for the women to come

MyChickenWings.com

Winglover
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Winglover
Send email to Winglover
Find More Posts by Winglover
Add Winglover to Your Buddy List

08-02-2005, 05:24 PM #3
LovelyJuliet

You said that you could see the other officers on camera taking a nap. If the cameras have tape in them, you could ask someone higher than your sergeant to review them. I assume that there is a way of keeping a record of who boks certain inmates every night. Have the supervisor not involved with this incident review this as well, and hopefully he or she will be able to notice the pattern. I understand what you are going through, because I am the lone female in an office of 12 others, and I am often the one who has to vacuum, make coffee, wash the dishes the other guys leave in the sink, etc. I know since you've only been there for a couple of months that it is hard to stand up to authority (coming from a military background, I also understand what can happen when you do that). However, if it gets to the point where it is unbearable, I would make sure you document every case of discrimination you encunter, that way if you refuse to do what they tell you, and you are ultimately reprimanded, you at least have some proof as to what you are experiencing.
You can use your female coworker as an ally in all of this. Use strength in numbers, and if you can find another job, then that may be your best bet. Good luck!

LovelyJuliet
View Public Profile
Send a private message to LovelyJuliet
Find More Posts by LovelyJuliet
Add LovelyJuliet to Your Buddy List

08-10-2005, 12:09 PM #4
DeputyDog

Posts: 2 To File A lawsuit or to not file a lawsuit...that is the question

Okay so here's the deal. I went to the jail administrator who is over my Sgt and told him, about all the problems that have been going on in the last couple of weeks. I asked that we have a meeting so that all these problems could be discussed. Instead he calls my Sgt and tells him everything that was said, so tonight my Sgt pulls me back to one of the rooms with no camera's or recording and starts cursing and yelling at me!!!! Oh my gosh I just stood there as he yelled at me in complete disbelief. How can this kind of thing happen in today's work place? Is this man stupid has he never heard of a lawsuit? So anyway after a few minutes of name calling and so on I came to the conclusion that no job is worth your integrity. So I then took off my gloves threw them on the floor and said screw it. I told him that he might be able to scream at his wife and mother (he makes reference to this on a normal basis) but for once he has met a woman that will stand her ground. I told him a few other things that I will not mention and walked out. Here’s where the story gets weird. He comes running out in the parking lot and say’s “hey I didn’t yell at you in there, you’re taking this all wrong.” I’m so gassed up that I’m crying at this point. He then say’s “you come back on inside and we will forget this thing.” And then he adds “Do me a favor and just keep this thing between us.” At this point I don’t know if I’m coming or going. This man has totally messed with my head. After sitting on the sidewalk for a few minutes I decided to go back in because my one and only other female coworker would have been stuck with all the work tonight if I had left, and she’s just getting over the flu. I can’t decide if I want to stick it out and try to make it work or if I should just quit and file a sexual discrimination lawsuit. I shouldn’t have to feel like trash every time I go to work.

DeputyDog
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DeputyDog
Send email to DeputyDog
Find More Posts by DeputyDog
Add DeputyDog to Your Buddy List

08-11-2005, 03:19 AM #5
zoey6996

DeputyDog

The behavior you have described is very much out line and illegal. You need to keep documents of all the conversations,times and things that you feel have been discrimminating against you and your co-worker. These documents will come in handy and are submissible in court if they are needed. Sit down with pen and paper and write it all down, include your feelings whether they are are angry or upset etc. These are also handy if you ever have to file a lawsuit against the department. Next you need to find legal advice, even if it is only to get a heads up legally on your situation. You can find an attorney through the legal bar association in your phone book. The bar association can give you a few names that specialize in sexual discrimination,which is clearly what you have been dealing with. The bar cannot tell you who to go to but can give you names of attorneys that take your type of cases. It is a sad thing that your sargent feels that this is acceptable type of behavior given the position he is in. I am sad that he has been lucky in masking his behavior while he is supposed to be upholding the law. Find an attorny get to know your rights!! It is high time to empower yourself!!!

:-(

No, No, No, you people have no brains RR11 says you should "PLANT" some Hustler Mags somewhere so the PIGS can wallow in them and then find a spot for a hidden mini-camera, then when the time comes use the images against those PIGS. I'm quite sure it's legal....I think.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Deputy Dog.

I HAD A DOG ONCE. HIS NAME WERE BONO. BONO THE DOG.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:43 AM

Quote:
mongo wrote:
I HAD A DOG ONCE. HIS NAME WERE BONO. BONO THE DOG.
Did he live long? Was the dog a happy dog?
Do you miss Bono?
Old 02-13-2006, 04:28 PM

give me two good reasons why i should read what u wrote?