Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2006, 08:48 AM

Default Joining the Army National Guard... Wise Decision?

I'm hearing a lot about how the Army National Guard will help me pay for school. But during war time, is this a wise decision to make?

The recruiter states that within acquisition of 30+ credit hours, this makes me non-deployable. But I don't trust what goes on in the military nor the government enough to trust that information. But I need to know for sure.

That is why I'm calling on your opinions in this forum. Is joining the National Guard a smart decision for someone who is only looking to get further assistance in school and not looking to get into combat? I don't support the war, and I choose to fight the war on "terrorism" without enlisting. But when family and school issues begin to mount, and the money gets low, what other choice does a man have.

Please be open-minded here, users. Your insight will be greatly appreciated. In advance, thank you.

[Authentication:
Epsilon]

Old 03-02-2006, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Joining the Army National Guard... Wise Decision?

In the current world, you mut be more cunning than the serpent. If this will help you get a good education then do it. Use anything to your advantage because you will need to in order to survive and education will help. I do not know to what degree the national guard is involved in the current situation, but if without joining you have no chance at higher education , then join and take your chances.

GOOD LUCK.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:13 PM

As being a veteran myself, you can rest assured the government will go out of their way to screw you if you decide to join. But, don't let that stop you from doing it. Just make sure everything they promise you, witness it being documented with your own eyes and keep a copy for yourself just in case they happen to lose it, and they have for alot of other people who were naive and thought the government had their best interests at heart, me included. Also try looking into a service where you're guaranteed not to see any combat like the Navy, Air Force, or Coast Guard. Hope this helps.
:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 03-03-2006, 02:58 PM

How, and where can one find information about the truth in the ARNG, besides joining and getting the inside info myself. I have a family ahead of me. They will soon depend on me to assist them in a successful living. But how can I do that if I'm sent away to a war that I don't even support? And if I enlist, I know there's no way I can say no. Still needing assistance...
Old 03-06-2006, 04:07 AM

your recruiter is flat-out lying to you. my cousin had 3 years in college, and he's back in Iraq for the second tour.

if you're in the guard or the reserves. count on it. you WILL be deployed to Iraq.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:55 AM

Well I suppose it depends if you like the idea of playing with depleted uranium every day and bringing it home ot your family as well.

This article is largely about DU you shouuld read up on it though he is a bit off the wall

http://www.vheadline.com/readnews.asp?id=47629

Another one

http://www.sundayherald.com/32522

Do a google search on "depleted uranium weapons " Thiers lots of info out there

Official figures for disabled Gulf War Veterans is about 26% but you have to realise the govornment does everything it possibly can to stop people from getting disability most give up. You put in an aplication if your under 50 you are gaurantead denial unless you have some obvious physical condition that keeps you from even taking care of yourself. Of course it takes 6 month to tell you that. Then you can apeal it takes well over a year to even get a hearing and unless you have several doctors saying your sick, some obvious physical problem AND a good lawyer you will probably be denied again. You can apeal again but expect to wait another 6 months for another hearing. Then you MIGHT have a chance of getting it.
Unofficial figures run as high as 2/3 of all Gulf War vets being permanently disabled. Most of these people are in thier mid 30s now. How well will you be able to provide for yor family if your disabled at that age?
Old 03-11-2006, 09:43 PM

So the majority here do agree that the risk of deployment is entirely too high? I'm on the brink of making the decision to join. I need the money for my education since I'm not getting enough Financial Aid this year, and the job market in Ohio is terrible. Please, more advice from the users of this forum.

I guess what I should be asking is, is there a way out once (if) I'm sworn in? And where can one go to further research the Army National Guard? I'm on the state level, Cincinnati, Ohio. Is it all the same, or is the deployment quota different per city or state. Links to research would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:59 AM

When you sighn that dotted line you belong to the military. Its actualy in the constitution that you give up your constitutional rights when your in the military. They can recall you years after you officialy get out.

I'm not so sure that your asking the right questions myself. A college degree dosent mean what it used to. Ask some recent graduates what kind of jobs they have. Next time you see someone in a service job over 25 ask them if they went to college.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:33 PM

Everybody's assistance was greatly appreciated. With much deliberation and research, I've decided not to join. I simply can't allow myself to sign over my constitutional rights to a government that I don't even trust.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:05 PM

Quote:
littlejohn wrote:
When you sighn that dotted line you belong to the military. Its actualy in the constitution that you give up your constitutional rights when your in the military. They can recall you years after you officialy get out.

Where in the Constitution is this line stated? So that I may read it, and confirm this for someone else who I m attempting to encourage not to join.