Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Club Conspiracy Community > Announcements and Site News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:45 PM

Default Original ClubConspiracy Formatting Gone ???

WebMaster:

Original ClubConspiracy Formatting Is Gone ???

None of the formatting is visible. No avatar, icons, embedded pictures, embedded videos, fonts & font sizes, or even URL links. Although some URLs do show, a great majority of them don't. This has to do their expected format, since CC used to provide its own pseudo HTML tags, along w/ standard HTML tags.

So, what should we expect?

Is the original ClubConspiracy HTML formatting gone?

Last edited by Jimbo : 01-22-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:54 PM

hi there

the old forum was converted over to vbulletin, because it offers the users so much more. the benefits will be totally worth it long term, and the forum is more stable.

also, i'll be giving the forum a brand new look, to make it feel more like home.

hopefully settling into the new format wont take too long, but if theres anything i can help with, or if you have any questions, please let me know.

take care

susie
Old 01-22-2008, 05:02 PM

Hi, susie

You said "settling into the new format wont take too long".

What do you mean?

The new format you are implementing or changing the “old format” into a “new format”?

In general, could you answer whether is the old HTML formatting along w/ all of the fonts sizing & embedding gone?
Old 01-22-2008, 05:06 PM

hi Jimbo,

basically, we changed the older forum type, into a better kind, which is the forum you see now. the change has been made. the only thing left for me to do is to make sure the forum looks cool, (or try to )

the vbulletin forum kind that we're now using here is more stable. its mroe reliable, and has more facilities for the user. long term, we hope to see the forum here grow, and many more users come here. the old forum type isnt really as stable to cope with such a demand, or secure. but vbulletin will help it all the way and make it easier for people.

i hope this helps

susie
Old 01-22-2008, 05:21 PM

Hi, susie

Unfortunately it doesn’t help much, since a new skin is not going to help how any of the old threads display.

Right now none of my threads display anything but “text”. So they pretty much look like the inside of an HTML page, which, as you know, is not the reason why we use HTML. They look very busy & lousy, & they are pretty much useless.

We want all of the fonts & embedded graphics & videos to show, but right now the “vBulletin engine” is doing a lousy job at best.

Please note that I am NOT blaming you or any staff members for this. I understand this is caused by the new “vBulletin engine” not being able to display any HTML tags.

So what I am asking is whether we are going to be able to display HTML tags & embedded graphics & videos (“as we used to” in CC Xoops) using the new & improved “vBulletin engine” at any time in the future ???

If you can answer that question I’d be thrilled !!!

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:31 PM

hi Jimbo,

can you give me a couple of example posts with the display problems and one with the vidoe problem?

i dont think we can fix all the video issues. as to allow that kind of scripting is basically leaving the forum open in regards security, but i can add a hack that'll allow for posting of youtube clips. (youtube uses a standard format for their clips, but others vary too greatly to be able to cope with the hack format).

i'll work on trying to make the rest look better though.

thanks

susie
Closed Thread